Staying in Cancun but Diving from Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used Manta Divers as well. They were nothing but helpful and safety oriented. No cattle boat either. They let you decided...as a group.. which sites to dive. Weather permitting. Enjoy your trip!

I agree, doing the ferry rideback & forth each day would be very tiring. I would DEFINITELY check out the cenotes. We dove them at 'Hidden Worlds'
http://www.hiddenworlds.com
We love Coz diving, but would have been happy to spend a whole week just doing the cenotes.

Do not skip diving in the cenotes. This is some cool cavern diving. If you have never don this, it is well worth your time. You will be in one of the best places in the world for a fun safe cavern dive.

JdLag1:
Re-thinking based on what your telling me. Any recomendations on a good dive operator for Cancun? At least a 2 tank a day 2 day dive. Next trip will definetly being staying in Cozumel.

I agree with several of the comments here - diving Cozumel is going to make it a long day. What about writing off 1 night's stay at the Omni by doing a day dive in Cozumel, stay overnight in Coz (cheap hotels abound in Coz during low season), dive 2nd day (or just morning) and get back to Cancun for dinner?
Cavern diving in cenotes (requires AOW minimum, I think) is a good alternative, if you can arrange for it in Cancun (and not go looking for a dive op only when you get down to Akumal area).
Dive with Martin is OK. IMHO, if you want even better service, try Deep Blue, BlueXT or Aldora.
Happy Diving!

Scuba Cancun was a good dive op and makes a kick-tail video.

Foo:
Aren't they great? I dived with them, over two years ago, have had several DVD's made, but theirs by far is the best.

Foo:

Another vote for Scuba Cancun. They are also the dive op that arranged my trip to Coz while I was staying in Cancun.

They pick you up at your hotel, take you to Playa, put you on the ferry and provide a two-tank dive in Coz. After lunch its back to the ferry and you're again shuttled back to your hotel.

It does make a long day, but well worth it after doing the shallow dives in Cancun.

Hi. My plan for my trip at the end of July is to skip the ferry and use Tank Ha. Per their website and posts from other users, they run diving trips directly from their dive center in Playa del Carmen to the Cozumel National Marine Park without landing or changing boats. This direct trip from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel saves divers time and effort. Happy planning!

Back
Top Bottom