Staying south at the Allegro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do hope that idea to cage a whale shark has died. I don't think I could stomach that. It's bad enough that the caged dolphin owners stick them in Hotel Coz's pool instead of releasing them in hurricanes like others do. Those generally come back anyway, some pregnant.
It was bad enough when I realized no one was getting out of the pool except to get more drinks. But dolphins have used the pool too? They're even nastier than humans, not just peeing everywhere, but crapping too. No wonder I won't stay there again. Now I have a great excuse.

Anyone who is squeamish about wetsuit pee but dares to swim in the HC pool should have his or her head examined. Might want to get the genitals examined too. God only knows what you picked up in the pool.

Eewww . . .dead worm in the pool!

It was bad enough when I realized no one was getting out of the pool except to get more drinks. But dolphins have used the pool too? They're even nastier than humans, not just peeing everywhere, but crapping too. No wonder I won't stay there again. Now I have a great excuse.

Anyone who is squeamish about wetsuit pee but dares to swim in the HC pool should have his or her head examined. Might want to get the genitals examined too. God only knows what you picked up in the pool.

Oh no! I am going to Coz tomarrow, staying at Hotel Coz :( Guess I will stay away from the pool!

Oh no! I am going to Coz tomarrow, staying at Hotel Coz :( Guess I will stay away from the pool!
I think they drained and cleaned the pool. It's been a few years. But I've stayed there a few times and never bothered to get in the pool, or any other the other hotel pools.

I think they drained and cleaned the pool. It's been a few years. But I've stayed there a few times and never bothered to get in the pool, or any other the other hotel pools.
I almost got into the Secrets pool the night that the Texans were being especially loud. Figured if you can't beat them, join them. When a drunk buxom Texan woman is calling for you to come downstairs and join her, and my inhibitions were already quite loose from tequila and wine, well... Fortunately security came and busted up the party before I could lose my innocence.

---------- Post added December 14th, 2013 at 11:05 AM ----------

It was a good trip. There was a guy at Secrets that had tattoos on his elbows. Each elbow had a word tatted on it in a circle, using a graffiti-like font, and it was so frustrating because I couldn't make out the words. I referred to the guy as "Elbow Tattoo".

My "boat buddy" Mike, who was also staying at Secrets with his non-diving wife, had a tat on his arm but it was just a boring USMC tat. However, I noticed one day that his wife was hanging out with Elbow Tattoo and Mrs. Elbow Tattoo. I got so excited that I might finally find out what the elbows were saying. I asked Mike, "Hey, your wife knows Elbow Tattoo?" Of course he knew who I was talking about since no one else at the hotel had elbow tattoos as far as I could tell. Unfortunately, Mike didn't know what the elbows said either.

At the airport, I spied Elbow Tattoo browsing the Cinco Soles shop. Unfortunately I was too frustrated over my two-hour delay that I didn't have the heart to chase him down and read his elbows. To this day, I regret that. I'll never know what the elbows said.

BTW, I am guilty of prejudice. At first, I thought Elbow Tattoo was one of the Texans. You know, because he had tattoos on his elbows and that just seemed like a particularly Texan thing to do. Turns out he was Californian because he ended up on the same flight back to LAX with me. Not in first class, of course. They still don't let passengers with elbow tattoos fly in first. A security thing, I think. Anyway, I saw him again at baggage claim, but because it was cold, he was wearing a sweatshirt that covered his elbows :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom