Stowing stage bottle regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could. But it's definitely not as neat, and the hose is more prone to snagging, especially if the bottle is on a lease.

I also must have missed the "Great rubber band shortage of 1987" wherein we could only afford one per bottle ... got a link to that ?
what? im saying there are two but one breaks.

You could. But it's definitely not as neat, and the hose is more prone to snagging, especially if the bottle is on a lease.

I also must have missed the "Great rubber band shortage of 1987" wherein we could only afford one per bottle ... got a link to that ?

I don't think you get what we're talkin about here.

Gas break from o2 to backgas. Use the stage regulator clip to secure it to the top stage-rigging boltsnap. Or, in a trough, clip it off somewhere so you don't lose it. Or, if one (of two) bands break, simply clip off the 2nd stage and stow the loop of hose under the remaining band.

I don't think you get what we're talkin about here.
I get exactly what you are saying, I just dont agree with just clipping it off like that on a gas break, especially a break at 30 or 80 feet when you may have to move.

I was taught to do things properly and the same way each time because you never know when something small like that's going to bite you...

Thats not the gas break I'm talking about. I'm talking about when we're sitting at 20ft for an hour, switching regs every 12 and 6 mins, sometimes with our faces out of the water in a trough or something (there's one at Indian Spring, for the interested reader).

I get exactly what you are saying, I just dont agree with just clipping it off like that on a gas break, especially a break at 30 or 80 feet when you may have to move.

I was taught to do things properly and the same way each time because you never know when something small like that's going to bite you...

we stow it completely in those cases.

Thats not the gas break I'm talking about. I'm talking about when we're sitting at 20ft for an hour, switching regs every 12 and 6 mins, sometimes with our faces out of the water in a trough or something (there's one at Indian Spring, for the interested reader).

If you put away the UW ipod and actually paid attention for that hour you'd have plenty of time to stow the reg properly. :mooner:

I agree with Nick, this habit is going to bite you in the butt someday.

If you put away the UW ipod and actually paid attention for that hour you'd have plenty of time to stow the reg properly. :mooner:

I agree with Nick, this habit is going to bite you in the butt someday.

stowing the regulator for 6 minutes with the clip as opposed to in the band on deco will bite us how?

stowing the regulator for 6 minutes with the clip as opposed to in the band on deco will bite us how?

Do you reroute the lose hose over the clipped off stage/deco reg? (every time?)

Since you have a clip on there do you ever clip the 50% bottom off? what kind of muscle memory do you have for NOT doing this in the ocean?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom