Suunto, Microsoft team up (seriously)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nickjb once bubbled...

Keep the D plug (so you can use it with your pc) and make a special palm cable (D to palm)

I'm afraid to try to make my own cable. I'm afraid I'll fry my precious Vyper. It feels like an old friend to me.

Do you know of a source that sells this type of cable commercially? Barring that, do you know where I might find specs for it?

raviepoo once bubbled...

I'm afraid to try to make my own cable. I'm afraid I'll fry my precious Vyper. It feels like an old friend to me.

Do you know of a source that sells this type of cable commercially? Barring that, do you know where I might find specs for it?

There was a lad on the board selling ready made leads. I think he uses the Roli plans. A search on the board should track him down.

lucid once bubbled...
I have a newer palm with the micro usb connection. Is it possible that it can be modified to connect to it?

Not sure about the very new OS5 palms (not played with one), but the M5xx have a combined USB and Serial plug.

You will need to either buy a new plug (hard to find) or buy a serial hotysnc cable and use that (eith keep the D Plug it has on it or cut it off and wire it directly to the home made interface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom