SUUNTO SK-7 Retractable or wrist mount??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like no one finds a "longer" lubber line via a slate mounted compass is particularly helpful then? The SSI Nav. Course mentions it and I know this principal works with guns-longer barrel provides more accurate aim than short.

Anyone using their SK-7 slate mounted? Is the additional bouyancy really enough to notice or be an annoyance? I have a shorter term memory than some so I thought a slate, right at hand to note course changes would be really helpful but seems most don't?

Thanks.

I dive with a tri-lam dry suit and have found a wrist mount compass a burden to fit on my wrist. I have switched to the SK-7 retractable.

i like the idea of the DSS mount. u can have it on ur wrist and still have the option of clipping it to a retractor with the extra holes.

oh but, anyone care to instruct me on how to dismount an sk7 from the console gauge? or do they sell the sk7 without mounts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom