tea and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya'll realize that I'm going to be LMAO everytime I make tea at work and people are really going to start questioning my mental stability! More so than they do already! :wink:

JohnCollins once bubbled...

This is either a troll or you are a complete stroke. Practically anything plastic is a failure point and should be replaced with an equivalent piece in SS.

I'm rethinking the little chain and hanger on the SS tea ball, though. Although it's an obvious entanglement hazard, if it is replaced with cave line, at least there wouldn't be the metal-to-metal connection and it could be easily cut away in case of entanglement.

I'll have to cogitate on that for a while. Hmmmm.

Adequately chastised :spank: for my lack of DIR knowledge, I humbly await the DIR guru's verdict on whether the chain and hanger are able to meet DIR's strict requirements.

Perhaps I'll make some tea while I wait.

Diverlady

I'm not a DIR Guru. Please, I was just having a little fun.

I do like the DIR folks because they make me think. . .a lot. I just get a kick out of all the fur that flies over it around here. Couldn't resist a little parody, that's all.

This is a fun thread. It's a very good thing I don't drink tea.

JPC

Use the search button. this has been discussed many times before... NOT! Ha!

diverlady once bubbled...
I got called into an impromptu meeting right after making myself a cup of tea this morning. As my mind wandered away from what my boss was saying, I found myself staring at my tea and noticing that the teabag was neutrally buoyant.

Does this mean I need to go diving more or less?

Diverlady

But how was it's trim...?

diverlady once bubbled...

Adequately chastised :spank: for my lack of DIR knowledge, I humbly await the DIR guru's verdict on whether the chain and hanger are able to meet DIR's strict requirements.

Not a guru (by any stretch of the imagination), but I believe the chain and hangar would be DIR if they met the requirements and functions of the intended use without any unnecessary material which might pose an entanglement hazard and possibly damage the DIR tea making team.

In other words, it's DIR if the chain is just long enough to let the ball touch the bottom of the cup, but no longer :).

Alan

Well since I drink loose tea, it's goes in a tea ball and hits the bottom of the cup!! And since I'm still new to diving.....I am still a little overweighted!! SO as for the spoonie thing...no spoons!! You might gouge your eye out!! (see workorspoon.com)

And to further add to the sillyness.....what's DIR mean???

/me ducking.....

hnladue once bubbled...

And to further add to the sillyness.....what's DIR mean???
Drinking It Right!

Ever noticed how the water is ALWAYS a different color after the tea bag has been in it? Maybe it is time to find a way to spell "wetsuit" with a "p". :D

ZenSquirrel once bubbled...
Ever noticed how the water is ALWAYS a different color after the tea bag has been in it? Maybe it is time to find a way to spell "wetsuit" with a "p". :D

Does this make it Tea Pee? ;-)

<ducks>

Dom

Back
Top Bottom