Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm:
so, should we bring cash instead of a credit card?
Its cash or checks, but the guy wants to have it all from "one source", so either write me a check or give me cash and i will write a check for them for all of us - is that fair? Its going to be $35pp + tax (6%) = $37.10 a piece.

Still dont know what option we should take:
1. 2 dives on the towers
2. 1 dive towers 1 reef ~60ft
3. 1 dive towers 1 reef ~30ft
4. 1 dive towers 1 wreck (edmunster) ~70ft

Cant be sure if we are hitting one tower or the other, 105 or 115 max (of course you dont have to hit the max) which would be mean 32% safe (NDL ~20mins if at max depth), 34% optimum (@1.4 PPO2) or 36% (@ 1.6 PPO2 if you hit the bottom, NDL ~30-35mins) might be aggressive and probably not needed. Assuming an average SAC of 0.5cuft/min and emergency of 1cuft/min x 2 divers, you might imagine rock bottom being about 27cuft, leaving 53cuft (1000psi min at depth) you might expect about 23 mins bottom time (16 mins for SAC=0.75cuft/min) if you stayed at the bottom the whole time. This of course is a multi-level dive we should be able to get I might personally aim to only go to 105-110 on the deep one or 95-100 on the shallower one, averaging at 85ft or so which might give 30mins to the diver with 0.5cuft/min SAC rate. Hope that makes sense.

sounds good Simon, I'll give you cash, I think that would just be easier.. I'm checking out my Ned Deloach's Diving Guide to Underwater Floirda (suggested read by you like forever ago, see.... I listen sometimes...lol) I want to just get a little more familar with the site. Have you or anyone else been there before?

I vote for the tower and then for the wreck! :D

I found this about the Towers. I'd love to hit a wreck afterwards

baitedstorm:
sounds good Simon, I'll give you cash, I think that would just be easier.. I'm checking out my Ned Deloach's Diving Guide to Underwater Floirda (suggested read by you like forever ago, see.... I listen sometimes...lol) I want to just get a little more familar with the site. Have you or anyone else been there before?
See FLLDiver's post i linked to at the top, his thread links to others who have done it. Sounds like fun, its many levels of pipework and gantries where fish etc like to hide. I should guess there are a few of these levels, so just drop to the bottom and work up checking out each one as you go. If there are 5 levels i might spend 5-6 mins a piece is how i am thinking of it, will see if they give us more info.

The only thing i have come up with so far on the Edminster wreck is this, not much info, will keep looking.

From AM2's website, how bad of me to overlook:
Robert Edmister - This 95 foot Coast Guard cutter was built in 1953 and was resold at in auction in Fort Lauderdale to a businessman who renamed her Robert Edmister after a friend who had passed away. The newly named Robert Edmister was sunk on Dec. 11, 1989 and sits upright in 70 feet of water. The Edmister has already attracted a good variety of marine life including coral.

Doesnt sound so bad, maybe worth 36% or 40% on that one - i am hitting fill express during the day to get some cheap fills :wink:

OK , I'll bring cash too...Make things simple !!!

Jean

I dived the towers years ago as an OW on air.

Scuba_Jenny:
I dived the towers years ago as an OW on air.
Groovy, you can be our guide aqua lung girl :D

Aw dear gawd amighty... They went and made the expat a muderator.... :eyebrow: Congrats, what a birthday present.

Okay, as far as I am concerned I am also "in" :wink:

What's the water temps like there this time of year?

Jeff
(and when do you need the $$, now, or at the dock?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom