The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where there's a will, there's a way (to go diving). And no, that's not the one, I gave that one back to you. :mooner:

Are you sure? The last time I saw it you were wearing it....

3067093578_e000c420c8.jpg

Are you sure? The last time I saw it you were wearing it....

That picture just shows I can dive just about anything and still find trim nirvana. Thanks for posting it. :wink:

Kevin,

Great time diving with you today. I will have some pics to upload tomorrow.

Hey cool! Me too!

I'm gonna start with Saturday, though we have been running througout the week. I was testing a super secret camera on Friday and Sunday and I don't have any pics from them yet.

Saturday was a gorgeous day (Friday and Sunday were too). Seas were flat, viz was awesome (100+ I guess) and we had a moderate north current. Water temps were 78-ish feeling... I didn't look. There was some pretty interesting stuff going on out on the reef.

spot-4.jpg

queens.jpg

reefscene2.jpg

We saw the Clubhouse Goliath before he retreated into his cave.

reefscene1.jpg

PorkfishRN.jpg

This spadefish looks like it had a close call with a barracuda or something. The porkfish seen here was cleaning the wound. It looked pretty painful.

PorkfishRN2.jpg

Every time the porkfish took a bite out of the wound, the spadefish would flinch and take off, then circle back for another treatment. Ouch!

Turtlefarm.jpg

Complete with algae grazing parrotfish entourage! She swam over to say hello.

anotheroneofthese.jpg

Most exciting to me was finding another one of these guys and having the opportunity to touch it so Archman can help me ID it. It was smooth, but not sticky or slimy and it was muscular feeling, rather like a conch.If you know what the hell this thing is, please post the answer in the thread "What the hell is this!?!" in the ID forum.

Okay, I finished downloading my images from Sunday. We did the Castor & Jerry's No Name Ledge. I was quite comfortable in my 3mm on the Castor. I never even looked at the temperature on my computer until half way through the 2nd dive. It was reading 79 degrees. Ahhhh, it feels like summer is finally here.

Anyway, here are some shots from the day. It was nice to get back to shooting some W/A after all of the macro I have been doing for the past several months.

I ventured into the bridge, and spotted this goliath hanging out just outside.
1242093963_Castor-Bridge.jpg

The goliaths were out in force.
1242093873_Castor-_-Goliath.jpg

As were the jacks.
1242093943_Castor.jpg

1242093888_Castor-_-jacks.jpg

Let's not forget the photographers:

Kelly
1242093904_Castor-_-Kelly.jpg

Rick Scott
1242093921_Castor-_-RickS.jpg

I took a couple of pictures of Kevin on the wreck, but they show the super secret camera, so I can't post them. :)

There were some quiet & lonely places on the Castor too.
1242093980_Castor-Corridor.jpg

1242094022_A-lonely-place.jpg

Here are some shots from Jerry's No Name Ledge.

A French Pair.
1242094083_A-French-Pair.jpg

A Queen & Her Soldiers.
1242094057_A-Queen-_-Her-Court.jpg

Just cruising the reef.
1242094098_Just-cruising-the-reef.jpg

I want to say thanks again to Kevin & Alex for making a great trip. Alex B. was also on the boat, but I don't have any shots of him as he was off on the hunt.

If you don't mind me asking what was your average depth and maximum depth on these dives? We are going on a Sunday in June and might request these sites.

Okay, I finished downloading my images from Sunday. We did the Castor & Jerry's No Name Ledge. I was quite comfortable in my 3mm on the Castor. I never even looked at the temperature on my computer until half way through the 2nd dive. It was reading 79 degrees. Ahhhh, it feels like summer is finally here.

Anyway, here are some shots from the day. It was nice to get back to shooting some W/A after all of the macro I have been doing for the past several months.

I ventured into the bridge, and spotted this goliath hanging out just outside.

The goliaths were out in force.

As were the jacks.

Let's not forget the photographers:

Kelly

Rick Scott

I took a couple of pictures of Kevin on the wreck, but they show the super secret camera, so I can't post them. :)

There were some quiet & lonely places on the Castor too.

Here are some shots from Jerry's No Name Ledge.

A French Pair.

A Queen & Her Soldiers.

Just cruising the reef.

I want to say thanks again to Kevin & Alex for making a great trip. Alex B. was also on the boat, but I don't have any shots of him as he was off on the hunt.

If you don't mind me asking what was your average depth and maximum depth on these dives? We are going on a Sunday in June and might request these sites.

Average depth on the Castor is about 100 feet with a max of 113. The reef dive was a combination of several ledges with an average depth of about 55 feet and a max of 65 feet.

Average depth on the Castor is about 100 feet with a max of 113. The reef dive was a combination of several ledges with an average depth of about 55 feet and a max of 65 feet.

What Kevin said. :D

I hit 105' for a few seconds for a shot on the Castor.

Max I hit on the reef was 64'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom