The Cave Politics, Rumor Monger and Gossip Guild is alive and well. Let's end it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it won't interfere with the conference, sure.

The first event is the social at 6PM on Friday. We should be done in time for you to make it.

@Jax thanks for helping to make my point. If you read something in my comments that you find denigrating then that is all on you.
To the sender lies the responsibility that the correct message is received.

The first event is the social at 6PM on Friday. We should be done in time for you to make it.
Cool, so I won't miss out on any of the gossip! :D :D :D

No worries, @kensuf , I won't pollute the waters in your "strong personalities" pools with my non-rebreather, non-exploring little self.

I prefer to dive places where people don't talk down to others who are not as advanced as they, who welcome strangers and their questions, like Marianna. So sad there is not a place for those of us who don't dive like you, or think as you.

I feel that most divers are excited to learn and hear about this exploration. Even if most will never partake in it. Actually funny thing is, all these exploration projects are VERY inclusive of all levels of divers. I've known divers who are only one or two years into cave diving who have become involved in these projects and have truly helped and learned things. Most of those who are very experienced are very wonderful people with a lot of knowledge to share. I know over the past 2 years of being involved in a number of projects I have personally made a lot of adaptations to the way I dive and my equipment, built relationships and friendships with divers I would not have known otherwise, and have made memories I will carry with me for the remainder of my days here on earth.

I know all of us have room for improvement and could certainly learn something even from simply listening to the talks at the conference. I think you'd be surprised if you came how welcoming we are in this area.

Once I get my Cave under my belt, I would LOVE to help in any way on some exploration stuff. I mean to the point of putting tanks in at early stages or habitat assistance or anything to assist the bigger picture. By doing that, you (even as a newbie cave diver) would gain experience and camaraderie.

Once I get my Cave under my belt, I would LOVE to help in any way on some exploration stuff. I mean to the point of putting tanks in at early stages or habitat assistance or anything to assist the bigger picture. By doing that, you (even as a newbie cave diver) would gain experience and camaraderie.

:) Perfect, this is exactly what I mean and this sort of assistance is always welcome! Just because you can't do the 'big' dive doesn't mean your assistance isn't valuable to the bigger picture. It takes a team for a lot of these projects to function.

There is a very cool opportunity coming up as UTD has a cave exploration project in China we are putting together, spots for divers of all abilities. I can give you more info if you're interested.

There is a very cool opportunity coming up as UTD has a cave exploration project in China we are putting together, spots for divers of all abilities. I can give you more info if you're interested.

That would be awesome Jay but I would be unable to head off to China anytime soon. I will keep an eye on your postings and if things change I will let you know for sure. Just to be a part of something like that would be incredible. Thank you for the offer, if nothing else.

I feel that most divers are excited to learn and hear about this exploration. Even if most will never partake in it. Actually funny thing is, all these exploration projects are VERY inclusive of all levels of divers. I've known divers who are only one or two years into cave diving who have become involved in these projects and have truly helped and learned things. Most of those who are very experienced are very wonderful people with a lot of knowledge to share. I know over the past 2 years of being involved in a number of projects I have personally made a lot of adaptations to the way I dive and my equipment, built relationships and friendships with divers I would not have known otherwise, and have made memories I will carry with me for the remainder of my days here on earth.

I know all of us have room for improvement and could certainly learn something even from simply listening to the talks at the conference. I think you'd be surprised if you came how welcoming we are in this area.
This is very good to hear. I respect explorations but are more likely to donate financially than to go out in the jungle. Something about the massive camp-out in SWA . . . . :wink:

I know that the professional conferences I've attended work hard to have seminars that appeal to "newbies" as well as the highly technical and/or classified that was target to my level. I just couldn't see - from the program - if there was anything geared to me at my level. I'm not into rebreathers - I salute those of you who are! - so I asked an honest question.

No matter your level, there is always something to take away from those with more experience and knowledge. I have very much enjoyed my talks with the likes of Tom Morris, Jerry Murphy, Casey McKinlay, Brett Hempill, and many more. Every time, I learn at least one thing I can take away and use in my 'tool box' or store away for future reference. I may never do the crazy long dives that some other explorers have, but I always appreciate their vast knowledge that can't be learned from books.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom