The cost of scuba equipment and non-diver spouses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm.. send your wife working, that way you will have more money for buying Scuba toys as she can buy herself her own gifts...

...Failing that, ditch her and marry someone rich...

I hope my wife never reads this... then again, she is a diver too :)

Damselfish:
actually, without the guilt as a controlling factor, probably more than twice the expense. And we've got a weakness for travel ...

(Note: I am the wife!! Also, my husband's in school, so I am the sole income...) Us, too...between diving in the Boston area (charters, drysuits, steel tanks, aiming for tech stuff eventually) and traveling, we have pretty much stopped going out to eat!!! A big night for us is pizza delivery.

The dive expenditure in a year including gear and travel is truly ridiculous - because we are both obsessed, and there is no one limiting anything.

my husband is a golfer, cannot dive, blown eardrum. Have you ever tried to find a vacation that both will be happy with?? and one that does not cost a zillion dollars???

I dont think mine knows how much i have invested , hopefully before long my wife will carry a card .

My wife learned long ago (before we married) that when I set my mind to something, I'm just going to go out and do it, or I will wear her down until she eventually ends up giving in, so I just go do what I want and that's that.

Sure, discussions sometimes ensue, but she knows I'm too stubborn to be swayed once I decide on something.

Remember, it is far easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to beg for permission. :D

jland800:
My wife has a habbit of eating lunch "out" with her girlfiends at work. I used this to my advantage. $8 per day....5 days per week....52 weeks per year comes to around $2080 per year spent on her social lunches.

Good Luck!!
So it was you that married my first wife?

For my vote: Tell the truth or sell an organ like a kidney (yours not hers).

Back
Top Bottom