The Dynamic QUICK NECK - SiTech's new neck seal system - anyone used it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine and have installed it. I've made 4 dives with it on the suit - but not being used (the old seal is still there) - and haven't even noticed it. Much more flexible than the original. I also put an original style on my oldest suit and test dove it in my jacuzzi (yes that is worth a picture) and found it un-noticeable underwater also.

The Quick Neck I keep forgetting it is there, even when on the surface and the suit half on. The Neck Tite is noticeable with the suit half on, but not underwater or fully dressed. The problem I had with my original installation, on a third suit, turns out to be where the exhaust valve is placed and nothing to do with the Neck Tite system.

raftingtigger, are you using a backplate and harness system? When I saw the new ring at DEMA last year, what worried me about it was its relief -- it stands much taller than the old ring, and I was worried that I would feel it cut into my shoulders where the harness passed over it.

raftingtigger, are you using a backplate and harness system? When I saw the new ring at DEMA last year, what worried me about it was its relief -- it stands much taller than the old ring, and I was worried that I would feel it cut into my shoulders where the harness passed over it.

Backplate and harness. Absolutely couldn't feel it. Forgot it was installed most of the dives.

Got mine and have installed it. I've made 4 dives with it on the suit - but not being used (the old seal is still there) - and haven't even noticed it. Much more flexible than the original. I also put an original style on my oldest suit and test dove it in my jacuzzi (yes that is worth a picture) and found it un-noticeable underwater also.

The Quick Neck I keep forgetting it is there, even when on the surface and the suit half on. The Neck Tite is noticeable with the suit half on, but not underwater or fully dressed. The problem I had with my original installation, on a third suit, turns out to be where the exhaust valve is placed and nothing to do with the Neck Tite system.

Pleased to hear that, I've just sent my suit yo Mike to fit.

---------- Post added June 29th, 2014 at 01:56 AM ----------

Ours come in Monday..we have a couple hundred that will be delivered :wink:

Suit sent Friday, good timing.

With the new Quick Neck system out, does anyone know if there are any plans (or rumors of plans) to make a "Quick Wrist" system?

I need to replace my seals (both neck & wrist) and was thinking about the Neck-Tite, but will now consider this one (Neck Quick). As I was also thinking about the SiTech oval wrist system, I am wondering if an update for these is also on the horizon.

With the new Quick Neck system out, does anyone know if there are any plans (or rumors of plans) to make a "Quick Wrist" system?

I need to replace my seals (both neck & wrist) and was thinking about the Neck-Tite, but will now consider this one (Neck Quick). As I was also thinking about the SiTech oval wrist system, I am wondering if an update for these is also on the horizon.

Go with the Quick Neck, you won't notice it and the ability to change seals (any brand) in a few minutes may save your dives. I have seen several divers lately that had to sit out the day due to torn seals.

Curious, what would you like in an updated replaceable wrist seal system?

Go with the Quick Neck, you won't notice it and the ability to change seals (any brand) in a few minutes may save your dives. I have seen several divers lately that had to sit out the day due to torn seals.

Curious, what would you like in an updated replaceable wrist seal system?

Had one installed on my santi suit by DRIS. Should arrive tomorrow will post impressions. Hoping for the best.

I had one installed on my Fusion Essence suit and for the most part I'm really happy with it. I've dove (dived?) it a few times since I got it back, and it's really comfortable. The only time I've noticed it is with a sidemount harness on with weights on shoulder straps, but it was just a little annoying on land, not painful or disruptive. I do think the installation of the ring changed the shape/fit of my drysuit a bit and the shoulders feel a bit more constricting now, but my suit is a back zip so it's not all that surprising that changing the neck would affect the rest of the top of the suit. DRIS did an amazing job with the install. It looks like it's an original part of the suit. Their customer service was also amazing. If you're going to have it installed, I highly recommend using them.

I had the quick neck system installed on my Whites Fusion suit and compared to the neck tite (only used that system a few times but still noticed a difference especially out of the water...not as much in water) found it much comfier. I use a BPW set up as well.
I also agree with kmurray, DRIS customer service is fantastic and the install looks great and no problems of leaking thus far.

Back
Top Bottom