The Dynamic QUICK NECK - SiTech's new neck seal system - anyone used it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm about to choose which system to go with, any new comments on the quick-neck? is it better than the neck-tite?

Matan.

I would go with the Quick Neck. I can't tell it is on my suit. Functionally they are the same when u/w, but for an extra $10 why not go with the more flexible one. I am installing one on a buddy's DUI. I also made an adapter out of their worn out wrist zip seals to the SiTech wrist ring system

got it installed on my suit, and found some turbo sole leaks. all fixed now, sadly will only dive the suit when the water here will get cold enough. should be a month of so, and I'll report my findings :)

Matan.

Zip seal to SiTech Quick cuff adapter. Needed: Pair of old zip seal wrist seals, SiTech cuff side PU rings, Aquaseal. Diver now has their choice of zip seal gloves, zip seal wrist seals, any latex or silicon seal, SiTech quick gloves.
PA194454.jpg

I did the samething with oval ring, expce the oval ring needs to be inside the zip seal ring. The fitment is perfect. And with bottle shape si seal, water doesn't sip from my tendent anymore. Overall, it is a very easily and effective mode. The only thing to watch for is this will add 2" or so to the suit's arm.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...h-qcs-oval-ring-zip-seal-wrist-side-ring.html

Now, can someone post a picture of how quick neck can fit onto zip net seal ring?

I did the samething with oval ring, expce the oval ring needs to be inside the zip seal ring. The fitment is perfect. And with bottle shape si seal, water doesn't sip from my tendent anymore. Overall, it is a very easily and effective mode. The only thing to watch for is this will add 2" or so to the suit's arm.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...h-qcs-oval-ring-zip-seal-wrist-side-ring.html

Great. I had someone ask me about that and wasn't sure.

Now, can someone post a picture of how quick neck can fit onto zip net seal ring?

That would be sweet, but all I can think is AWKWARD.

well, its time to add my thoughts to the database here:

this thing is AWSOME!!!!!

so did my first dive for the winter here with the quick-neck. once its on, I have not felt anything reminding me that I have a ring on my sholders. did some walking to the beach with single tank rig (BP & wing, no shoulder pads of any kind), and didn't feel it at all.

no leaks - guess that's important :)

2 points must be mentioned about the quick neck:

1 - (this is a good thing) - while using latex I constantly kept my suit in the shade and needed to talc the seals regularly and keep an eye they won't melt and that sort of stuff - with silicone seals (now in the neck as well) I can finally abuse my drysuit as much as I like!
2 - (not so good) - I have a HUGE nose. I can't take all my head through the ring (quick - neck). this needs a simple change in the way I remove the neck seal (getting inside was easy), so I nose won't "jam" between the ring and my face.

oddcly enough, I also recieved the Si-Tech andares dry gloves!!! nothing never stopped the channels in my wrist (tandem problem or something) until now!!!! dry as a bone! altough they are tricky to snap into place!

so, happy winter for everyone (you will consider it hot water, but here in Israel for us its damm cold!)

PICT0023.jpg

Matan. (P.S. I know I need to buy smaller gloves they are on the way those came with the set ^^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom