The FBI took my salvage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe:
A little liberty is the price you pay for security. And dont give me that Franklin BS.

Okay, how about these non-Franklin quotes:

"Terrorists can attack our freedom, but only Congress can destroy it."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

e.a.e.

rakjar:
Having once been in Law Enforcement, I respect Rick's decision to turn in the stuff he found. My question is, if Rick or anyone else found a suitcase full of money, whould you turn it in?

Absolutely! I'd turn it in-to a healthy profit! I've returned found cash in the past, and probably would again. No telling where that cash came from.

But I am beginnnig to be a suspicious of the cops as they seem to be of me. Apparently, it's now a crime to be a minority in the US.

Walter:
"they could have taken you away right there, no questions asked, no court, no phone call - NOTHING."

Sounds like a return to the dictatorship of the 1860's.

welcome to the great world of the patriot act...very scary and unnerving if you ask me

Walter:
"if Rick or anyone else found a suitcase full of money, whould you turn it in?"

That happened here a few years ago, several hundred grand (I forget the exact amount) and the guy did turn it in. When it was not claimed, the Sheriff's office kept it. That really encouraged others to turn in any future finds.

I had that happen to me. I was trout fishing a small creek in northern Michigan. Got my waders on and walked down to the stream near the bridge. Looked uner it and saw someting flash. Being a well fished river from the banks i thought it might have benn a spinner to retieve, well it was someone coin collection. Then on looking aroung i found all kinds of stuff. I called the sherriff and they came out and retieved the stuff with my help as none of them had wadres. I was told that there was a rash of breakins and anything that wasn't claimed i would get. Some of the stuff was claimed the coins werent as well as some other things. I was called once to tell me what had been claimed. I called back and asked what the story was and they said nothing else claimed. when i asked about getting the stuff not claimed they siad they had disposed of it. Makes you not want to say a word.

So Rick what's next...finding D B Cooper and/or his cash. Oh, if you find the cash let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom