The Graveyard of the Atlantic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying once bubbled...

My LDS very heartily recommends Olympus (that's who they book trips through, but the shops last trip is a weekend I can't go :( )

Problem is, Olympus is only running dives Saturday and Sunday of that weekend. Still gotta find a place that'll get me to the bottom of the sea on Friday.

Check to see if Diver Down is running that weekend. She normally runs Friday, Sat & Sunday. I've had very good luck with them and have dove with them for about 10 years. I have also had good luck with Olympus as well...but discovered Diver Down one weekend Olympus was full and have stuck with them since then. (DD is about $10 per day less as well.)

www.diverdownscubadiving.com

cornfed once bubbled...
Also, who's your LDS in "North Virginia"?

I like to rock "The" Dive Shop over in Fairfax. It's a little further from my digs than some other shops, but it's the one I like.

Thanks to you and Wreck Wench for the recommendation on the Diver Down. Looks like it is running that Friday. Sweet.

Edited to include: This is, I think, my last response in this thread. Three or four responses from the author. The Netiquitte Police will surely be waiting at my door tonight.

What weekend are you going down? I'm diving the Olympus on October 11th and 12th. I'm wearing a 5 mil with a hooded vest and gloves...hope I'll be warm enough! Most of the other folks who have been there that time of year though say that is enough as the water temps are still in the 70's. The trick is to make sure you have warmer clothes for topside as it gets a bit nippy especially in the afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom