The Pasley May 06 Dive Report Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime:
It's at the NE corner of the parking lot where Cabrillo Beach and the Cabrillo Aquarium are located in San Pedro.
http://tinyurl.com/jxdga

Thanks Phil!! I will relay the information! :D

Well, since Terry did such a fabulous job on our dive report, I will save you the trauma of reading my long winded report. Remember to thank Terry the next time you see him. :) For those interested in my photos from my dives that day, they are located here;

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v116/krowsea/LJS 05-13-06/

John A.

wd001.jpg

wd005.jpg

wd013.jpg

wd014.jpg

wd015.jpg

wd021.jpg

wd023.jpg

I went back today to see if I could find any in the daytime. Merry worked as spotter and holder of the kelp. She found six different species in less than ten minutes.
Three Polycera atra nudis on one kelp frond
Polycera_atra1.jpg

Polycera_atra2.jpg

Melibe leoninas
Lion2.jpg

Lion1.jpg

Janolus barbarensis and an unknown nudi
Janolus_and_unknown_nudi.jpg

Janolus barbarensis
Janolus4.jpg

Janolus2.jpg

Janolus1.jpg

Hermissenda crassicornis
Hermissenda1.jpg

So Phil. Can you actually DIVE this spot? I am thinking of making a LB run this week.

Terry

MaxBottomtime:
It's illegal to dive inside the harbor, and the vis at the boat launch is a very muddy 2" at all times. It was just too cool finding six different species at the surface.

sounds very cool. I also found some polycera alta on kelp at redondo beach yesterday. thanks for sharing the photos phil!

btw, I count five species (Janolus barbarensis, hermissenda, lions mane, polycera, and unknown nudi), what is #6?

hey Ken, I also saw a Dirona Picta at vets yesterday, have you seen one yet?
PV-Vets+141.jpg

scottfiji:
hey Ken, I also saw a Dirona Picta at vets yesterday, have you seen one yet?
PV-Vets+141.jpg

The night 'dette and I were there (4/11) with Jaye's little Sony P&S we saw a couple. That was the night of the Lion swimming about... I remember seeing a couple of small dusty samples. The pics are lame. I like yours.

---
Ken

Mo2metrificationMan?:
Date: 05/11/06
Dive Location: Weekly Thursday Vets Divola
Buddy(ies): HBReefChic, Josh
... just as we came up canyon we stumbled on Hermissenda city. Unreal. I counted about 40 within a 3 meter square,...
What's this before me? :confused: Did Metric-Mashing Mo2vation just use a metric measurement to describe part of a dive?

Ken said meter.

May 11, 2006.

:heart: hbGive'emAnInch&They'llTakeAMeter'Chica :jump013:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom