The Reeler- any opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cinfo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any experience with the Reeler by Spectrum. I'm hoping to get some real life opinions from someone other than the Mfg. Also how does it compare to other brands,

Thank you

Does anyone have any experience with the Reeler by Spectrum. I'm hoping to get some real life opinions from someone other than the Mfg. Also how does it compare to other brands,

Thank you

I see there are no posts so I just wanted to let you know we have a testimonial page with dive professionals thoughts.

Spectrum Diving Equipment, Inc.

I'll speak both as a user and a dealer - I think this reel is first class all the way! I use it on many dives, but mostly for lobstering off New Jersey, and the self-tensioning and line-leveling features really make one person operation a reality - something you WON'T get with any other reel!

We recommend it without hesitation to our divers, and they all love it!

Try one, you'll love it!

I'll speak both as a user and a dealer - I think this reel is first class all the way! I use it on many dives, but mostly for lobstering off New Jersey, and the self-tensioning and line-leveling features really make one person operation a reality - something you WON'T get with any other reel!

We recommend it without hesitation to our divers, and they all love it!

Try one, you'll love it!

:rofl3: Thats an exact word for word quote off of spectrum diving's testimonial page.

:rofl3: Thats an exact word for word quote off of spectrum diving's testimonial page.

When I seen the post I contacted David Valaika of Indian Valley Scuba for permission to use on our website.

We have other testimonials that were pulled from online, most are from emails and all are word for word except editing for grammar.

IVS is reiterating their opinion shared on the website.

I bought one and it works well. Actually it works great. Love the line tensioning capability and the no hassle reeling the line in.

I bought one but have only been able to use it for two dives so far. I was the only one on the dive boat that did not come up with a tangled reel. The only problem I foresee is being able to dump the entire reel if there is a problem since its pricier than other options. Besides that I can't complain at all about it.

Thanks Shadetris,

I hope you get to do a lot more dives. May we use your comments on the website?

I have never used one and unless someone gives me one I never will. Reason is simple - $$$$$$$

Other than that, they do like like a very fine piece of equipment.

Back
Top Bottom