Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yasser:
I found a pocket of a weight integrated BCD containing 4 Kilos.
This when I lost complete trust in integrated BCDs and shifted to old fashion weight belts.:wink:

Uh, how do you know the diver didn't intentionally ditch the weight pocket? I've never had a problem with my SP, Oceanic, Sherwood or Dacor integrated BC's.

Ok--I'm not hijacking... I've found scuba weights, weight belts with weights, a lanyard, filet knife, sunglasses, a Timex watch, a Sherwood Scuba compass, a new scuba aluminum 80 tank, outboard motor trim tab, a lobster tickle stick, civil war era bullets, a mask and snorkel (no doubt from a MOF diver at the surface--WAIT--that's a different thread too). I think that's about it...

lol i found a bunch or beer bottle's on tarpon reef in the gulf of mexico and i found a bunch of ancor's there too.=)

Whoo Hoo!! I found a $20 this weekend while diving! I was sooo psyched and I was telling people when I got back to the beach and they were all like "yeah, so? someone found a $100 yesterday...":light:

my son and I found this near the dockyards in Bermuda - all guesses welcome

more info in this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=164513

cb94.jpg

An old vintage lifeguard standwhile bottle diving. The story was that it had been stolen over the winter. When if fact it was floated offshore in an ice flow. The stand was made out of metal tubing with a mahagony seat. Remarkably it was still in good shape after close to 40 years underwater!

On my check out dives in Cancun, day 2, I was the last one off the boat and as I descended I caught the glimmer of something shining near a coral head. It was a gold ear ring. I spotted a coin, covered in green, about 2 feet away. The group was moving away from me by now, I couldn't get their attention and I had to decide whether to die finding treasure or go. Since I'm alive... The ear ring was real gold, the coin was a 20 Peso coin. Now I know how to get their attention.
I've also found a five dollar bill on a night dive near a cruise ship in Cozumel and lugged more weights than I'd care to remember. Someone showed me to use a rescue sausage as a lift bag for found weights. It works like a charm.
Right after Hurricane Wilma we went to Cozumel and took pictures with a palm tree at 60 feet.

So far I haven't found much. 1 nice mask/snorkel set, multiple play necklaces, one broken snorkeling mask, one small arrowhead and lots of beer bottles.

FD

found an old welding gas tank in the lake..... went back with a lift bag and couldn't find it again.

Back
Top Bottom