time change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, the actual time of day (vs time of clock) for accommodating cruisers won't change. The ships will still dock when they do and let the cruisers off, it's just that their clocks (if they came from the East coast) will now match the islands clocks.

The way this time zone change helps the cruise industry is that the cruisers who come from the East Coast won't have to remember not to ask locals what time it is. (Ships most of the time do not change time zones- so cruisers have to remember "ship time". And when they get really drunk, that can be hard.) The cruisers coming from Texas though are going to have to do the math themselves.

But if they get to Caleta at 900 CST now and we turn the Coz clock forward an hour to match EST, I don't have to be there until 10 right?

But if they get to Caleta at 900 CST now and we turn the Coz clock forward an hour to match EST, I don't have to be there until 10 right?

Oh, I see what you mean- apparently -I'm- bad at time zones. Yeah, it does sound like cruisers will be getting to the Caleta quite late.

In winter time you could do nighttime dives in the am and surface as the sun was coming up.

Speaking strictly for myself, if and when this happens I hope our 8AM dive boat becomes a 9AM boat and the restaurants that are now open until 11 stay open until 12. I rise and retire by sun time when I am on Cozumel. I take off my watch when I check in to my hotel and do not put it on again until we are packing to leave.

Dear Chief,

Right on, every now and then I do have a brain phart, what I said was indeed bass akwards.

Dave

again i just wonder how many divers are willing to come back from a night dive between 9 & 10 to then go out to dinner. Sunset in the summer now is what 7 PM or so. New time makes it 8-8:30. What amazes me is they tried this 7 or so years ago then when back to the current time since not that many people carried for it. Theory then was the change was for the cruise boats that were on eastern time.
Lame. So the barges out of Galveston will be off an hour now?

And Cozumel will be on a different time zone than Cancun & PDC? Let the confusion explode...!!

And Cozumel will be on a different time zone than Cancun & PDC? Let the confusion explode...!!

No.

How do people adapt to differing daylight savings time dates now? This is much to do about nada.

No...Cancun and Playa are also in the State of Quintano Roo so they will also be in the eastern time zone.
Sorry, missed the statement that the entire state was changing - all for the cruise boats that stop at two ports? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom