time change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But if they get to Caleta at 900 CST now and we turn the Coz clock forward an hour to match EST, I don't have to be there until 10 right?
Dream on El Jefe!!!! YOUR OP will have you scheduled for 7:00 AM so maybe you'll actually arrive (on time) by 9:00 AM ..... :rofl3:

Personally I like it. I am an early riser anyway and would like to dive early in the morning. Lots of critters out that feed in the early morning like Pez Leon. IMO sleeping is a waste of vacation.

This just in: Cozumel is considering just stopping the clock at 1700 hrs. No changes whatsoever after that.

---------- Post added January 17th, 2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

Sorry, missed the statement that the entire state was changing - all for the cruise boats that stop at two ports? :confused:

The Gov said something about it just giving another hour of daylight for people to spend money on stuff.

Wait, the 4 days cruises stop at Progreso a port city in the Mexican state of Yucatán, which will remain on Central, while Cozumel and the rest of the state changes to Eastern - and they said they're doing this for the cruisers? :silly:

I am curious how the airlines will adjust departure times. If I was ticketed with an 11 am departure time before the time change was voted in, will I now leave at noon?

I am curious how the airlines will adjust departure times. If I was ticketed with an 11 am departure time before the time change was voted in, will I now leave at noon?
US airlines don't change their flights. The clock time for arrival & departure in Coz would move. Mexican airlines may change.

So instead of a two hour time difference for me, it will be a three hour difference, ie: 09:00 on the west coast but 12:00 in Cozumel ??

Divegoose

So instead of a two hour time difference for me, it will be a three hour difference, ie: 09:00 on the west coast but 12:00 in Cozumel ??

Divegoose
Yes, that's what this means.

Back
Top Bottom