time change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To really confuse all on this board: Quintana Roo is not going to the Eastern Time zone, more like a modified Central Time zone that is permanently on DST. Since this is Mexico this info may be changed at anytime. We have been notified by the authorities to change our clocks on 01FEB15 by moving them ahead one hour. This will be the last time we will ever have to this. :wink:

To really confuse all on this board: Quintana Roo is not going to the Eastern Time zone, more like a modified Central Time zone that is permanently on DST. Since this is Mexico this info may be changed at anytime. We have been notified by the authorities to change our clocks on 01FEB15 by moving them ahead one hour. This will be the last time we will ever have to this. :wink:

So, it's Eastern Standard Time, then. Since I go to Cozumel in May, for me it's the same as it ever was.

Not that I'm going down in March anytime soon, but getting home..wait LANDING in Toronto at 2:25am (home around 4am) this would be welcome for Air Canada's CZM-YYZ flight.

Not that I'm going down in March anytime soon, but getting home..wait LANDING in Toronto at 2:25am (home around 4am) this would be welcome for Air Canada's CZM-YYZ flight.
Expensive choice. American is much cheaper, but I know you want to fly non-stop. Air Canada is showing Dep: 5:10 pm, Arr: 11:00 pm in March Czm-Yyz, altho they may not have loaded the time changes yet. At any rate, Air Canada won't change their flights. The clock will just be different in Mexico.

Wait, the 4 days cruises stop at Progreso a port city in the Mexican state of Yucatán, which will remain on Central, while Cozumel and the rest of the state changes to Eastern - and they said they're doing this for the cruisers? :silly:

A lot of cruises stop at cozumel that don't go to progresso. There are tons more boats from Florida than Texas. "ship time" will no longer be an issue for the Florida ones, but it becomes one from central time zone.

A lot of cruises stop at cozumel that don't go to progresso. There are tons more boats from Florida than Texas. "ship time" will no longer be an issue for the Florida ones, but it becomes one from central time zone.
But if, as someone has said, they go to Eastern Standard Time but don't switch to DST in the summer, some months of the year QR time will match east coast ship time and some of the year it won't.

Yeah, I guess so.

But if, as someone has said, they go to Eastern Standard Time but don't switch to DST in the summer, some months of the year QR time will match east coast ship time and some of the year it won't.
And then there's that. :confused:

I live on the western edge of the Central zone, and when I farmed - I hated the sun going down so late, but did enjoy the sun not coming up as early as on the eastern edge. Can't please everyone, or even just me all of the time.

From Cozumel 4 You News today:
=================================================================
Cozumel & State of Quintana Roo Changes Time Zones February 1

It’s official. On February 1st, 2015 the State of Quintana Roo will change to Eastern Standard Time. At 2 a.m. on February 1st, all state residents, which includes those in Cozumel, will advance their clocks one hour ahead.

The reasons cited for the controversial change included an extra hour of daylight, which serve as a boon for tourism.
=================================================================

Apparently the Mexican government has the power to slow down the earth's rotation during western hemisphere daylight hours. :D

So are they going to change to Eastern time, then no changes at DST - realining with Central during DST? One hour later sunrises & sunsets both but no changes for summers?

It will always be UTC-5 hours. Eastern time zone when the US is on standard time. Central time zone when the US is on daylight saving time.

When you get off the plane, check a clock and adjust your watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom