Tips and tricks for valve shutdown in a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess in my case, I was worried that a shorter tank like the Worthington's will have to sit lower on the back to prevent it from being head-heavy.

Yes, this is precisely the issue! Replacing my 24" HP 100's with my longer 28" HP 120's solved this problem for me.

rx7diver

… I would like to be able to reliably shutdown either post in under 10 seconds every time I try, and I need a strategy to get there...

This works for me in 2 seconds if I am in a hurry.

Attachments

• Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 119
  • HP-72 Front.jpg
    HP-72 Front.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Protector.jpg
    Protector.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Manifold.jpg
    Manifold.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 109
I recall seeing "inverted twinsets" a lot in the UK about 15 years ago. Don't think they ever caught on here though......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall seeing "inverted twinsets" a lot in the UK about 15 years ago. Don't think they ever caught on here though......

Custom Divers have been selling these protectors for years:
VALVE PROTECTORS

A bunch of us volunteers for the Monterey Bay Veterans are building a pile of the rev 2 of the version in the images above. It would sure be nice if a manufacturer would get interested in making them because they could be a lot nicer and less expensive to build with a small tooling investment.

Akimbo, I agree. I constantly have people that for one reason or another could be accommodated by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akimbo, I agree. I constantly have people that for one reason or another could be accommodated by this…

What would be really nice is if a manufacturer would rethink the whole isolation manifold system with an integrated protector. Unfortunately that would require a much bigger tooling investment, thus greater marketing risk. Although it is a one-regulator no-isolation solution, this provides an idea of what can be done with an integrated design approach.

Attachments

• AGA_Divator_Manifold.jpg
    AGA_Divator_Manifold.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 100
  • AGA Back Cam Band.jpg
    AGA Back Cam Band.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 97
  • AGA Divator 324.jpg
    AGA Divator 324.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 96
So, what did you change?

Good question. Yes, please share your thoughts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom