Titan hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Wide_open,
If you would like to add a custom length hose to your Titan with the Quick Connect feature, you'll need to use the 128595 hose adapter. This will allow you to connect a traditional hose of any length. For curiosity sake, what length hose are you after and why?

Thanks, but I haven't been able to find a 128595 hose adapter. Can you send a link to a photo of what it looks like, or where to get one? If I need to get it from a dealer, the pic would help so they would know what I'm after. I want to install a 72" hose for DIR purposes.

128595 Hose Adapter.jpg

Here is the image of the 128595 hose adapter.

Thanks for the pic. I'm checking with my LDS and hopefully they can help out.

Hi tphillipp, I just came across this thread in a search as I'm trying to change the hose on my Titan. It's the "new" Titan, but I'm having trouble changing the hose out. Could you point me in the direction to find out how? Thanks

I just came accross this thread as well.

I was just about to install a quick disconnect to allow me to switch from my titan to my new Ocean Reef full faace mawsk and damn if I just now realized the stupid this has this unique conneciton. I should have realized when I bought the titan but I had assumed that scuba manufactuers were trying to stay standardized. I am very unhappy with aqualung for this and really will avoid their products in the future.

I am going to try to get the adapter tphillipp posted above but you could also try a AA55 Scuba Hose Adapter, from Trident, which will connect two hoses in series. I might go this way as I can put the quick disconnect in between, use a really, really short first hose and that will solve my problem for switching. If you need a longer hose you can do the same, just add another length of hose from the 1st stage to the titan hose leasding.

I wouldn't recomend this model for this reason unless you keep one of these adapters in your repair kit. I can see how easily one can get screwed if you are on a trip and damage this hose. Bad move aqualung.

Last edited:

I wouldn't recomend this model for this reason unless you keep one of these adapters in your repair kit. I can see how easily one can get screwed if you are on a trip and damage this hose. Bad move aqualung.

I just came across this thread as well - is this satire, Aqua Lung? Nothing personal but this idea is ridiculous. I depend on having a hose length that I select on any piece of equipment. I am not a child that cannot twist a hex fitting.

I was just about to install a quick disconnect to allow me to switch from my titan to my new Ocean Reef full faace mawsk and damn if I just now realized the stupid this has this unique conneciton. I should have realized when I bought the titan but I had assumed that scuba manufactuers were trying to stay standardized. I am very unhappy with aqualung for this and really will avoid their products in the future.

I am going to try to get the adapter tphillipp posted above but you could also try a AA55 Scuba Hose Adapter, from Trident, which will connect two hoses in series. I might go this way as I can put the quick disconnect in between, use a really, really short first hose and that will solve my problem for switching. If you need a longer hose you can do the same, just add another length of hose from the 1st stage to the titan hose leasding.

The first stage port is the same.

You should use the LP hose that should come with your Ocean Reef mask, which will mate fine with the >2010 Titan 1st stage.

I like the connector for one huge reason : No more do I have to junk customers 2nd stages for cracks around the inlet fitting! Some people reaallyy don't understand "use two wrenches, tighten to about 30 in-lb".

Ha ha, came across this thread belatedly courtesy of google for the same reason. Was thinking about using an Aqua Lung Titan octo for backup on a sidemount configuration but found out they used a proprietary adaptor. Luckily have an Aqua Lung Legend Glacia octo that has standard adaptors, but was very annoyed. In the process, did like a video I found of how the Titan reg is easily disassembled which was quite impressive. Nonetheless, the annoyance factor carried the day. Bought a lot of scuba gear just recently but none of it was Aqua Lung. I'm just one customer but these kind of gimmicks can leave bad impressions and have longer term consequences.

I just came across this thread as well - is this satire, Aqua Lung? Nothing personal but this idea is ridiculous. I depend on having a hose length that I select on any piece of equipment. I am not a child that cannot twist a hex fitting.

Back
Top Bottom