Top 10 dive resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other news outlets generally don't lack for political/philosophical slants. You're likely to get spin for somebody else's agenda whatever you watch.

Richard.

Other news outlets generally don't lack for political/philosophical slants. You're likely to get spin for somebody else's agenda whatever you watch.

Richard.

WAY off topic, but "real" news outlets have less hubris than to say: "We report, you decide"

If it is in the Travel section of the website I would hardly consider it news.

Even then, they call some things news papers, they have travel sections too.

Bonne Terre is not a resort at all, just a dive site. The accommodations next door to the dive site consist of several rooms of beds and you generally end up sharing a bathroom with a bunch of other people. It is appropriately called "the bunkhouse". There are better accommodations further from the site, but not nearly to the point where I would call it a vacation resort.

The diving is OK at best, but overly restrictive and usually done in very large groups of various experience levels.

I stopped reading at Bonne Terre since the article lost all credibility in my eyes, but should have stopped reading at Fox News :)

Although several of the destinations are on my bucket list (or already dived), none of the resorts are. Fox seems to know about as much about SCUBA travel as it knows about politics.

Bill:

The other mainstream (and liberal) news outlets seem to be asleep at the wheel on a number of political issues; so if Fox is lacking on political savy, they are not alone.

JohnN:

At least Fox says 'You decide,' an encouragement to think. The other big media outlets tend to report as if you should accept their view, that's it.

Richard.

Palau Pacific Resort is exceptionally nice but very $$$$
Dinner buffet is excellent, but at $30 a plate:shocked2:!

And for dive-ops go with Neco, SamsTours or Fish n' Fins rather than Splash --unless you like thrashing the coral or like Japanese divers.

Back
Top Bottom