Top 10 dive resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't like Fox, then don't read the report.

Not sure I'd pick ANY of these 10. Bali, Palau, Maldives come closest. List should be loaded up with spots in Indonesia and the Philippines

Bali is the best they can come up with for Indonesia?

Hum... not really.
Bali is one of them (and probably the best place in Indonesia to take the non-divers with you).
For divers Bali's east side is the best (west side is for surfing, so forget it). Spots like Tulamben for the Liberty Wreck, Gili Biha, Nusa Penida Island (for the Manta Point) are the most popular.

For resorts (well... they are more like small cozy diving hotels) you should check:

Liberty Dive Resort
Sidharta Dive Resort
Lotus Bungalows

You'll find 4* boutique/design hotels like Alila Manggis, that aren't diving hotels, but cool hotels where you can take non-divers with you. In this case you need to head to Candidasa for one of the various 5* Padi diving centers. You may also check the Sanur area. One last note, I've arrived this weekend from Bali, and all I have to say is if the locals don't take care of their sea, we'll be diving with plastic bags instead of fishes in the next couple of years :-( unfortunately there's a lot of garbage floating around.

But, Indonesia is a big country, and I may be missing some cool resorts, but here are some that I know for their great dive:

Sulawesi Island
Gangga Island
Kungkungan Dive Resort
Minahasa Lagoon Resort
Walea Dive Resort

Wakatobi Island
Wakatobi Dive Resort

Raja Ampat
Misool Eco ResortRaja for Divers

Moyo Island
Moyo Island ResortHave fun!

Cheers,