Top 10 dive resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN:

At least Fox says 'You decide,' an encouragement to think. The other big media outlets tend to report as if you should accept their view, that's it.

Richard.

You're going to pretend Faux News gives a balanced view :rofl3:

I'm not convinced any mainstream t.v. news network gives a balanced view. There's a (somewhat) subtle pervasive left-wing influence in the coverage by the other main outlets, which Fox News acts as a counter-balance to.

I've noticed Fox News tends to inspire a compulsive need to engage in verbal or written abuse in some left-wingers. Let's put my theory to the test.

Would any of you who've thus far posted something negative about Fox News in this thread care to now post and tell which party you voted for in the last Presidential election?

I'm curious to see whether any of you voted Republican.

Richard.

Would any of you who've thus far posted something negative about Fox News in this thread care to now post and tell which party you voted for in the last Presidential election?
Richard.

That's your problem right there. I vote for the individual, not the party. You might try it sometime :D

Historically so did I, but I got to noticing that the wrong individual often was a member of a particular party.

I didn't ask what party affiliation anyone claimed; I file as Independent myself, as I don't consider myself property of any party. I am a conservative, though.

So, the question stands. Was the individual you voted for by any wild coincidence a Democrat?

Richard.

That's your problem right there. I vote for the individual, not the party. You might try it sometime :D

Translated -"I threw away a vote on Ron Paul, before that I threw away my vote on Ross Perot, I learned this technique from my father who started the trend by throwing away his vote on Ralph Nader, I even did it once voting for Alfred E. Neuman and Pat Paulsen"

:rofl3:

There is an assumption in the voting question that everyone on here is an American. I'm not, so political views are not relevant to my comment "consider the source". My opinions are based on quality of reporting , not political bias.

WAY off topic, but "real" news outlets have less hubris than to say: "We report, you decide"

Right, "real" news outlets like the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, etc., which just selectively report only the stories which are consistent with their own distorted world view, and even then refuse to disclose any facts which just might disclose their deceipt.

---------- Post added November 7th, 2013 at 09:24 PM ----------

You're going to pretend Faux News gives a balanced view :rofl3:

and you're going to pretend that any of the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, et al. gives a balanced view? If so, you are delusional.

Do I need to ask the mods to move this to the pub?

Right, "real" news outlets like the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, etc., which just selectively report only the stories which are consistent with their own distorted world view, and even then refuse to disclose any facts which just might disclose their deceipt.

---------- Post added November 7th, 2013 at 09:24 PM ----------

and you're going to pretend that any of the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, et al. gives a balanced view? If so, you are delusional.

Since this thread is on its way to the trash bin. You seem to agree that Faux News is not balanced. . . and you're still trying to excuse: "We report, you decide" ?

You're killing me here. . .:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom