Top 3 destinations?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Top Three:

1) Thailand (Richelieu Rock)
2) Palau
3) Bonaire

My next trip to Galapagos or Coco's (Haven't pinned one down yet) will most likely bump one off.

My top three:

1. Yonaguni, Japan- awesome variety of sea life and coral, huge tuna and grouper, turtles everywhere, schooling hammerheads, occasional whalesharks, mantas, ancient buildings at 45 ft

2. Great Barrier Reef, Australia- coral, sharks and lots of fish

3. Ishigaki, Japan -- Mantas, Mantas, Mantas

Others - Palau, Kerama Islands, Thailand

Morehead City, NC for wrecks

Cocos for hammerheads and other sharks and remoteness

Red Sea for everything, diversity, sharks, wrecks, wow

I have to say that Galapagos is the apex of Diving...for someone who likes big Pelagics

Cooper River, SC (Blackwater diving) is the best for those of us who like to hunt fossils.

These are 2 different worlds....just depends on what you like.

Dave:

1. PNG (Walindi, Madang and Kavieng)

2. Indonesia (Manado, Raja Empat and Komodo Is.)

3. Toss up between Sipidan (1989), Palau and Bonaire!

This winter: Bali, Komodo and central Phillipines (can't wait to get on the
on the road ie. in the water)!!!

I would have to define the best dive locations as those that give you the best value for your money. Also, I absolutely HATE long airline flights. So here is my best list, since these are all closest to home:

1) Cozumel Mexico
2) Florida Keys
3) Hawaii

Those are all cheap dates, that you can take your new bride or wife on a honeymoon trip or second honeymoon to, without bankrupting yourself! For those of you with kids, you can bring them as well without bankrupting their future college funds.

My friends who have dove all around the world have tended to agree that worldwide the very best scuba is The Red Sea. Unfortunately it is not worth dying for, and being an American in the Middle East these days is pretty much risking your life anymore.

Just going on instinct, the Discovery Channel, and everything I've ever read about the following:

1. Galapogos - because it appears to be so unspoiled and prolific in biodiversity found nowhere else in the world on both land and in the sea. Hope to afford this trip soon.
2. Cocos - seems to be teeming with life. A lifelong dream of mine.
3. Fiji - who could dismiss a place dubbed "the soft coral capital of the world". Now I've actually been to several of it's islands and it is incredible diving with colors so intense and terrific vis!

LoCz:
What are the Top 3 diving destinations? Opinions please :)

:goofy:

LoCz:
As for myself i would probably go for biological diversity...fish, mantas especially.
Never been there, but it sounds like Galapagos or Coco Island.

Of the destinations I have been to, Grand Cayman is my favorite.

Just want to say your country is as stunning on land as it is beneath sea level! I was at the Poor Knights diving Brady's corner and Trevor's Rocks last August with Tutukaka (excellent outfit). The hard corals are amazing and you'll never search too hard to find the most colorful nudi's. I also dived the Rainbow Warrior. You're a lucky man.

greg somers:
The Poor Knights Islands of New Zealand.Great diversity and a marine reserve.Fish and rays and morays and .........
By the way....3 times the above.The rest of the world should come down here and see.
Cheers Ears,
The gasman

Top three I have been to:
1. Little Cayman
2. Cozumel
3. Turks & Caicos

Top three to visit:
1. Palau/Truk (ok I cheated)
2. Galapagos
3. Bikini Atoll

Back
Top Bottom