Top 3 destinations?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll:
Top three to visit:
1. Palau/Truk (ok I cheated)

If you are going to travel that far, might as well hit both.

My top three i have visited are
1. Solomon Islands - What can I say....I love rusty metal
2. Derwan Island - I loved the diversity, the small wreck, the cave, the currents, the palegics, the mantas, the sharkies, the jelly fish lake, the tutrle breeding program.
3. Truk Lagoon - I was 14yrs old, I was so impressed with the diving and the culture and the diving, did I mention the diving hmm it was great.

My top 3 to visit in the future

1. Bikini Atoll - Again Wrecks
2. Cocos Keeling Islands
3. Palua or PNG

aussie_shark_bait:
My top three i have visited are
1. Solomon Islands - What can I say....I love rusty metal
2. Derwan Island - I loved the diversity, the small wreck, the cave, the currents, the palegics, the mantas, the sharkies, the jelly fish lake, the tutrle breeding program.
3. Truk Lagoon - I was 14yrs old, I was so impressed with the diving and the culture and the diving, did I mention the diving hmm it was great.

My top 3 to visit in the future

1. Bikini Atoll - Again Wrecks
2. Cocos Keeling Islands
3. Palua or PNG

Very supprised you have not done PNG being so close to it, any reason why not?

I have been to PNG for brief work related visits, I would like to go on a liveaboard there but I will need to wait for either my 2 year old to learn to dive or my mother so generously volunteer to look after him and I will take Dad with me diving - which is what we normally do. My Dad and I love wrecks we get a little antsy after a week of pretty reef diving, don't get me wrong i like it, but prefer wrecks, but i really like a good drift dive on a nice reef. Maybe i will come to like with my new camera in my hands to keep me amused. I know personally of a lot of people that have had some pretty yukky things happen to them inPNG. I do not think i want to take my son there just yet.

I would like to go back to Autitaki in the Cook Islands too cause it was wonderful - hammerheads everywhere, i thought that rocked.

ASB

aussie_shark_bait:
I have been to PNG for brief work related visits, I would like to go on a liveaboard there but I will need to wait for either my 2 year old to learn to dive or my mother so generously volunteer to look after him and I will take Dad with me diving - which is what we normally do. My Dad and I love wrecks we get a little antsy after a week of pretty reef diving, don't get me wrong i like it, but prefer wrecks, but i really like a good drift dive on a nice reef. Maybe i will come to like with my new camera in my hands to keep me amused. I know personally of a lot of people that have had some pretty yukky things happen to them inPNG. I do not think i want to take my son there just yet.

I would like to go back to Autitaki in the Cook Islands too cause it was wonderful - hammerheads everywhere, i thought that rocked.

ASB

for the reply, being in Oz you probably get to dive a lot of reefs so that would be nothing new to you. I started diving in Northern Ireland lots and lots of wrecks. I guess you could say I have burnt out on wrecks and now look for the colorful reefs and tropical fish. The camera may change you to reefs with all the color.
safe diving
David

DPJ:
If you are going to travel that far, might as well hit both.

Actually I am going to travel that far and only hit Palau. I may regret it but I'm self-employed and my boss won't let me have that much time off!

Hi Tim, ......the good news is.....you're the boss, the bad news is........your the boss!

What, and you're missing "YAP" ooohhh the Mantas are calling you!

Palau and Yap are on my list as well.

All the best,
Caymaniac

Well where I lived and learnt to dive we always had wrecks, so we dived them each weekend, but on holidays we always choose to go to wreck rich environments - i have always liked them since i was 11 and started diving now 26 and guess what still love them. I don't think i will ever have the same passion for reef and pretties and rusty metal. Even when i lived and dived 4 times a day the wrecks in the Solomons for 15 months i never got sick of it, it was great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom