Top 3 destinations?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aussie_shark_bait:
Well where I lived and learnt to dive we always had wrecks, so we dived them each weekend, but on holidays we always choose to go to wreck rich environments - i have always liked them since i was 11 and started diving now 26 and guess what still love them. I don't think i will ever have the same passion for reef and pretties and rusty metal. Even when i lived and dived 4 times a day the wrecks in the Solomons for 15 months i never got sick of it, it was great.

I do understand wrecks are very alluring. Unfortunately I do not know of any natural wrecks here in Florida just the ones sunk as artificial reefs and they are just so so. If you like to read about wrecks a good sight is www.irishwrecksonline.net
it tells you where the wrecks are and the history when known, also a few with photos (before they sank) I supplied a couple of photos for the sight.
We will probably do PNG again and if we spend any time in Cairns maybe we could get together for a dive.
All the best David

caymaniac:
Hi Tim, ......the good news is.....you're the boss, the bad news is........your the boss!

What, and you're missing "YAP" ooohhh the Mantas are calling you!

Palau and Yap are on my list as well.

All the best,
Caymaniac

I chartered the Ec;ipse out of Sam's Tours for a week. I hope to see Mantas at the feeding station in Palau. If not I'll just have to head back to the Pacific in 2007!!

Cdiver2

I am moving from Cairns over to the West Coast just south of Perth at the end of November, so if anyone wants a local tour guide in Cairns they better get in quick. On the other hand anyone visiting our lovely west coast, PM we can check it out together.

ASB

aussie_shark_bait:
Cdiver2

I am moving from Cairns over to the West Coast just south of Perth at the end of November, so if anyone wants a local tour guide in Cairns they better get in quick. On the other hand anyone visiting our lovely west coast, PM we can check it out together.

ASB

Thanks but I dont think we will get there that soon.
I hope you find lots of wrecks on the other side.

Darwin and Wolf in the Galapagos
East End, Grand Cayman
Revillagigedos (Socorro) Islands
Saba

oops, that's four...

I am very surprised no one has mentioned Belize, (the Blue Hole or Turneffe Elbow). Having been to Cozumel, I doubt I ever will go back there since it has become a rush hour freeway of congestion on every dive site there. The reef appeared to be dying from so many inexperienced divers grabbing at it while fighting the current.

Also, the diving in the Bahama's from a live aboard, was just average in quality. Most dives had very little to see.

Agree about Cayman. Will be going to Australia next year for GBR diving.

Guanaja (Honduras) before the hurricane was about as ideal as it could be. But it has been so damaged that I was sadly shocked at the difference. Roatan for wall diving is pretty much as good as that type of diving gets.

I want to go to Turk, the Red Sea, and Thailand and Indonesia. Used to live on Sumatra as a young boy, but never did any diving back then.

There are so many wonderful places. As my diving experience increases, I find that I may appreciate some of the places I've been more now than I did then.

Anywhere in Indonesia: Raja Ampat, Komodo, Wakatobi are among the very best places in the world. Yap was much more impressive than I expected. The CoCos Islands were incredible for big fish. For unique geological formations and playful sea lions, the Sea of Cortez out of La Paz was a wonderful surprise. Sipidan was mind boggling when we were there many, many years ago…I'm not sure if it's still the way it was.

Every place is a favorite when I'm there. Just dive and appreciate where you are at the moment.

Mmmm.
1) Bio diversity: Raj Amphat
2) Sharks and whale sharks and whales: South Africa (with Tofo in Mozambique)
3) Wrecks: Truk Lagoon

But there are many others that are also great.

If angel of death came to me and said, "You have three more places to dive after that I will claim you. Money is not an issue so go dive anywhere in the world you like for you will die on your last dive." My list would be as follows:

1. Antarctic
2. Galapagos
3. Raja Ampat

Now ... if Angel of death said "ARE YOU KIDDING ME MAN? YOU THINK MONEY GROWS ON TREES?" Then the same list would look somewhat like this:

1. Iceland or Alaska instead of the Arctic.
2. South Africa instead of Galapagos
3. Thailand or Red Sea instead of Raja Ampat

Now angel of death says "Serious??? Who the bloody heck do you think you are?? Then the list would undergo a transformation and become something like:

1. Browning Pass in British Columbia
2. Socorro instead of South Africa
3. Caribbean somewhere instead of Red Sea and Asia Pacific.

Then I will wake up and realize that there is no angel of death. Then the same list would undergo a final transformation and become:

1. Passamaquoddy Bay (Maine)
2. North Carolina for big animals
3. Jupiter and Key Largo reefs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom