Torque for Atomic DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I was able to recheck the spec sheet and the actual official Atomic repair procedures document, and it is indeed 33 ft-lbs. (I see I had a typo in my first reply. ft-lbs, not ft/lbs. :p)

If you have buggered up the "yoke nut" (probably tried to use a wrench to remove it rather than a thin walled socket) you have buggered up more than that. Atomic uses a Yoke retainer which is actually a bit more than a yoke nut. So figure $20 instead of $6 to replace it.
The part you want is - YOKE RETAINER 01-0008-00

I recommend that folks who have yoke and want to go to DIN use the yoke parts and buy the ADAPTER 01-0051-00 and NUT 01-0052-00 and make your own DIN-to-Yoke converter. This will cost $20. This way if you are DIN you can throw the converter on rather that screwing around removing the DIN and putting the yoke back on. Note these parts are for Atomic only.

Looking at the Atomic book it is 21 ft pounds that is what it say' hope this works for you. Before you go to 33 ft pounds.

Looking at the Atomic book it is 21 ft pounds that is what it say' hope this works for you. Before you go to 33 ft pounds.

My copies of the manufacturer parts diagram and repair manual both say 33ft lbs, with a couple of instances of 29ft lbs (for the same part, which is strange, but it's still close enough). Are you sure you are looking at Atomic?

someone made the comment that if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't be messing with this stuff. Sounds like even the manufacturer doesn't know what they are doing. (At least they can't make up their minds how to do it.)

I didn't scratch the yoke nut so bad I have to replace it, just cosmetic.

I am going to have a din connector installed and get a yoke converter.

My 2003 version indicates 33 ft-lbs. Seems really high to me though.

My copies of the manufacturer parts diagram and repair manual both say 33ft lbs, with a couple of instances of 29ft lbs (for the same part, which is strange, but it's still close enough). Are you sure you are looking at Atomic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom