Training - Leg strength

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestions...
Like someone said be4, nothing will make you a better uw-finner than finning uw...
Next best thing, IMO, is to go swimming. I do about 2k, switching between freestyle and breaststroke every lap, it takes me less than an hour (incl changes) and for me this is a decent workout. Just make sure that you don´t use your arms much (if your goal is to get better at diving). If swimming isn´t your thing then I´d suggest cycling or running. All of these or any other endurance workout should help keep you comfy in water (they do for me anyways). I play football and any other sports like badminton, squash and basketball should help you as well as they consist of a lot of starts and stops which should help you with muscle strenght. I´m not a gym-person so I´ll leave the weightlifting advice to those who actually do any of it.

Do something you enjoy (or at least tolerate) and you´ll be able to keep doing it, regardless of what it is, is my advice....

grazie42:
My suggestions...
Like someone said be4, nothing will make you a better uw-finner than finning uw...
Next best thing, IMO, is to go swimming. I do about 2k, switching between freestyle and breaststroke every lap, it takes me less than an hour (incl changes) and for me this is a decent workout. Just make sure that you don´t use your arms much (if your goal is to get better at diving). If swimming isn´t your thing then I´d suggest cycling or running. All of these or any other endurance workout should help keep you comfy in water (they do for me anyways).

Do something you enjoy (or at least tolerate) and you´ll be able to keep doing it, regardless of what it is, is my advice....

Also very good suggestions. It is difficult for me to get pool time, and living in Michigan, ice skating is really popular right now :) The mt biking/cycling might work well too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom