Trip Report: Blue XT~Sea/Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moodiejeff:
Yep, there were 28 of them... we finally gave up and called the dive. With that many of them you just couldn't escape. The worst was the woman walking on her knees in the sand... W.T.F.? Why? :confused:

It was a Peak Performance Buoyancy class. :eyebrow:

Oh, and nice report by the way...

kent_1848:
It was a Peak Performance Buoyancy class. :eyebrow:

Heh-heh....

Moodiejeff:
Yep, there were 28 of them... we finally gave up and called the dive. With that many of them you just couldn't escape. The worst was the woman walking on her knees in the sand... W.T.F.? Why? :confused:

Hee hee. Well, at least she was in the sand. My W.T.F. moment was the guy who balanced himself with one foot on the coral and one in the sand to take a picture while his wife was hanging on to his arm for dear life drifting like a balloon over his shoulder. At one point she drifted in his way and he swatted at her like a fly. WHY would anyone rent a camera to a discover scuba diver??? Everyone has to have a first experience and I don't really fault the divers since they probably don't know anything yet. The dive op needs to put at least double the number of instructors in the water and include the do's and don't in the instruction and briefings.

There should be a board at the Caleta with the daily designated discover scuba cattle boat reef site so all other dive ops can avoid it :wink: No matter how far away from them we'd try to get, one minute there were bubble coming up at you because someone was right underneath oblivious that anyone was above them. The next minute they were ready to land on top of you.

Hmm, maybe there's a new PADI specialty in all this.

The worst I ever saw was a guy sitting on a ledge on the reef posing for a picture with his tank in the middle of some fans and sponges. He was lucky that I was just snorkeling over him at the time, otherwise I'd have been tempted to pull a Mike Nelson and cut his air hose...

I saw some completely overweighted ("I need at least 18 lbs.") maniac try to stop himself from crashing into some hard coral, and since he didn't understand that diving is done in three dimensions and on three axes, he proceeded to break off 4 coral heads and smash some fans for good measure with his tank; then, he swish-swashed around the other way taking out the hard corals he was trying to avoid in the first place, finally crashing FACE FIRST into a big old fire coral patch...he didn't touch anything with his hands though (hahaa). I winced and almost spit my regulator at that point from sheer hilarity (although you're not happy about what you are seeing, what are you going to do?). That guy's face was absolutely bloody when he finally came up, and I told him that "getting some people to pee on on his face" might help...he replies: "I've heard of that."

thanks for the report and pics Jeff, I've been trying to get a decent pic of brittle sea stars for years, nice work.

seems like you had the same kind of dives we did...lots of critters!

I also have a slightly different edit of the report posted Here on the cozumelmycozumel.com website since the "other" site seems to be having it's own share of problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom