Trying to Plan trip to Cozumel...need suggestions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound:
Now *that* is a niftly little tip I've not seen before.
Being hyphenated has its pros and cons. :wink:

DandyDon:
Call them now. They should nnwer 25/7 - and a night time test would be good. Just a brief test call, confirming the number.

Don, just got off the phone with them -I called the emergency number on the back. When you get PADI med ins it is placed with a company called Vicencia & Buckley, which, I think, is Assist America, or placed with them. That number is still good. Do you know anything of Assist America? I don't.:confused:

Good that you tested the number. A night or weekend test call would be more comforting maybe, but now you know it works. I did discover a bad DAN number one weekend trying to help someone who joined SB looking for immediate help - one that DAN didn't know about, got her thru on another number, DAN fixed their problem right away of course.

I'll have to let others post to your question...

hey dork fish,
i just got back a few days ago. i stayed at casa del mar. the food was suprisingly good(i had never eaten there before), i snorkeled late one afternoon and it was pretty interesting, no beach though. $ 4 cab ride into town, or a long walk (2 mi ?), nice walk after dinner downtown for me anyway. i had an oceanview room with a nice view, beds comfortable (slept on harder). i really like the place, i think its been described as a basic "divers hotel". like christy said, not a lot for a 12 year old other than the pool. breakfast was included with the room , and i really like that. staff always nice. they do have a tennis court, i forgot. never stayed at scuba club or hotel cozumel, i've heard good things about the latter.
DSC00830.jpg

and casa does have the beach club down the road they will take you too. are you talking about the snorkel catamarans, theres one in the picture, they are based across the street, (picture taken from our small balcony) diver88

diver88:
hey dork fish,
i just got back a few days ago. i stayed at casa del mar.
DSC00830.jpg

(picture taken from our small balcony) diver88

Wow, that's some tree. Either it survived Wilma or they have brought it in since the storm. I don't know which would be more astonishing.

Maybe they dug it up and hid it before Wilman arrived? :silly:

With what Wilma did to their bridge and dock, I doubt that the tree just watched the show. It is interesting that they brought such a tall one in. Maybe it had a growth spurt?

ggunn:
Wow, that's some tree. Either it survived Wilma or they have brought it in since the storm. I don't know which would be more astonishing.

I stayed at Casa del Mar at the end of May '06 and there was no tree like that on the property. Nothing even close to that size. The very healthy looking trees by the cabana rooms (on the right of the picture) also looked nothing like that. That's amazing growth in under a year.

Wow...?! Must be a very flexible tree. :11:

:D it was blown naked, but it made it. i just wonder what kind of tree it is, the foilage looks kind of like a cedar....??? we need something like this in north texas to survive those west texas duststorms and tornadoes.
hey DandyDon, did you send that duststorm last weekend? i was in cozumel but i've been cleaning the dirt off of everything ever since i got back...:D diver88
DSC00818.jpg

the dock is coming along nicely also, :wink:

Back
Top Bottom