Turns out that diving is safer than driving a car!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yes, I am absolutely getting another Miata :D

I'll have to look into getting a little trailer for my next Miata...that does sound like a good idea. Much better than my previous way of stuffing the car to the gills with dive gear!

...and yes, all the gear made it through. Even my tank in the trunk!

...and I've been banned from even thinking about driving the ambulances. The company insurance doesn't look kindly upon a 24 year old who's only been driving for six months getting into an at-fault accident. Oh, well. One thing's for sure...no more driving and texting!

First, glad to hear you're okay. Do Miatas have ABS? If not, you might have been better off pumping the brakes instead of slamming them down (just in case you find yourself in a similar situation again :wink: ).

Hmmm...a trailer hitch for a Miata? I was a little worried about the engines' ability to pull a trailer. They are little bitty four cylinders, after all.

WOW!! That's two more cylinders than I thought they had!!! :D

BTW, consider this - when you start adding doubles and scooters and stage bottles and deco bottles, etc, etc, etc, you might be scraping your undercarriage or exceeding the trailer/hitch capacity. Either get a different vehicle or a second one for diving.

I was a bit of a slow starter when it came to driving....

Truthfully, driving scared the crap out of me, since in Alaska, it was like playing bumper cars on the icy roads in the winter, and I was scared to get into a wreck, so I just put off learning to drive.

However, at age 24, I realized that it was high time I got behind the wheel...so I bought my first car (the Miata) and started making up for lost time! :D

I think I'm going to start telling people that I drove a snowmobile in Alaska instead.... :D

Glad to hear you are ok Rita. Sorry about the ride. When we goin divin' again?

wow im glad you are ok. :Di was at vortex that same weekend doing some of my check out dives i did not relize it at the time but, we were parked two spots away form you right in front of the little sand box with the toy trucks in it. we were in a blue SUV.we hit those same storms they were really bad. i think i talked to you or helped you with your gear i cant rember. stay in touch with my i would love to go diving with you when i get my cert's.

Bellaleo,

Were you diving with Dixie Divers out of Panama City? They were doing checkout dives, and I was tagging along for the extra experience...

Atleast you didn't have a full tank pop when you lost it. That's one thing i'm always worried about with my dive gear in my car is someone hitting me and voila... instant rocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom