Uncle Pug Topless

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar once bubbled...
I am not maritime acronym certified.

Talk to PADI, I'll bet they've got a Advanced Specialty for that. :D

detroit diver once bubbled...
And, I might add, a pain in the butt to get back into! I liked old UP, peeling paint and all.
UP the boat will still be available... and in fact will be our main dive platform for some Deception Pass dives this September... however a speedy RIB will allow us to get to some places that we just don't have the time to dive with UP.

As far as ease of entry... while we won't have hydraulics on a RIB to hoist old folks like you out of the water... it will still be a piece of cake. :D

And as for the peeling paint... we'll just have to see if Shane can stand the humliliation of having the only *Avalon Pier Green* boat in the geoduck fleet.

However it wasn't always that color... amongst the red, white and blue splotches he even found an interior patch of fake brick.

I feel much better now, thanks!!!

As to the RIB idea...great for trips to Nanaimo...you have as powerful a boat as the entire Canadian Navy!

You won't need to be able to get back on board the RIB, you can just throw-out the tow cable and a wakeboard and everyone can ski back to the marina. With the right momentum, you can plant yourself back on the dock. What an image...some guy in doubles skiing behind a RIB.

Brian

Untill that guy falls...

Sounds like an "ouch" to me.

But then, the only attempt I've ever made at waterskiing ended with a ski tip to the 'groinal area'... ;-0

EDIT: Might make a good segment for 'Jacka**' though.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I gave him the boat... but I have a mooring line cleated off...

The deal is he is going to use it for commerical harvest work and when it is not being so used I still have full access to use it for taking folks out diving.

He is going to rebuild the house (which really needed to be done) and build up a portable surface supplied nitrox unit that will fit where the tank rack is now. We will just switch back and forth.

In the mean time it frees me up to get a RIB or something else trailerable. :D Win~Win

What about the other "'ol girl" does that mean she is going to get a bit more TLC?

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
What about the other "'ol girl" does that mean she is going to get a bit more TLC?
That was another reason for turning UP over to Shane... fortunately the other boat doesn't need a lot of TLC... but it does beg to go out cruising... I think it actually wants to go to Alaska again but not this summer. :D

DB... Shane will be using the boat for harvesting several weeks at a time a couple of times a year. The rest of the time we will remove the surface supplied gear and put the tank rack back on.

Shane finished framing and sheathing house and then decided to redo the whole deck and move the fuel tank (150 aluminum) back a bit to make more room for the fish hold.

Here he is measuring to get the right slope so water will run off the wet deck to both sides.

That freshly painted silver thing behind him is 1000lbs of iron:
an Izuzu 6 cylinder diesel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom