Dive operator age limits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be curious as to what percentage of divers have ever been less than truthful on any medical or liability form in order to continue with a dive or training op.
I would assume that all young divers without any medical issues are usually 100% truthful.....

Of the others maybe 10 to 20 percent but it is just a guess.

It is of course usually no problem if you are on medication. You can still get an approved medical even with many conditions....

Is the form in America different from those in Europe?
Here, you are required to.provide a medical if you check just 1 box with yes.
There is always the question if you are over 45 years old and in that case you need a medical.

A doctor will never state that you are qualified because he cannot judge that. All he attests is that there is no apparent reason for disqualification. That is, by the way,, the same in all such medical statements
The DAN/WRSTC/RSTC/RSTC-Europe/UHMS/CMAS form was revised a few years ago. The old version had this regarding age:

1712526996512.png

If you answered YES you needed a signature.

The new and current version, available here. has this question regarding age:
1712527184055.png

And then Box B:
1712527247748.png

If you answer YES to anything in Box B you need a signature.

This is not an American form.
What is the form that you are referring to?

I was talking about the GTÜM and the VDST forms.

But i just noticed, that they changed regulations again. Now they require you to provide a medical once every year if you are over 40 years old even if you do not have any medical conditions. The medical includes a spirometrie, urine sample, ecg and ergometry.....

I would assume that all young divers without any medical issues are usually 100% truthful.....

Of the others maybe 10 to 20 percent but it is just a guess.

It is of course usually no problem if you are on medication. You can still get an approved medical even with many conditions....
Or just lie.

Or just lie.

As a paying customer on a liveaboard......or any other dive op........why shouldn't I be able to insist that all crew members and captain provide me with the same exact medical form and personal private medical information that they are asking of me?

As a paying customer on a liveaboard......or any other dive op........why shouldn't I be able to insist that all crew members and captain provide me with the same exact medical form and personal private medical information that they are asking of me?
You can insist if you want. It won't make it happen. You would just be insisting from the dock.
If they have a captain's license or an ABS certification, they have underwent a MUCH more strenuous physical that you did for diving. It is very similar to a pilot medical.

I just had to supply one at Sandals in the Bahamas. Im pretty sure its a requirement at all their resorts.
Curious. Are/were you taking a course there?

You can insist if you want. It won't make it happen. You would just be insisting from the dock.
If they have a captain's license or an ABS certification, they have underwent a MUCH more strenuous physical that you did for diving. It is very similar to a pilot medical.
Yeah.... I get that. My point was not so much about fitness, but about the issue of how private medical information is handled. I wonder what eventually happens to all of these "medical forms" that get submitted with all this private info....including date of birth, etc.? My guess is that they just go into the trash or some box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom