Unwelcome feelings on wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghosts, big foot, aliens have all gone extint since everybody now has a camera phone with movie capability. N

I often get the feeling of being watched while on wrecks... The feeling is so think it's like syrup ooozing down my throat choking me... choking me!

Then I turn around, and much to my Terror, there it is! A hundred fish, all eyes on ME! :baaa: :menani::wazzup:

The mind is a powerful thing. I have spent a fair amount of time in the wilderness. People often get uneasy. It's generally in their mind, but yes, there is STUFF out there in the world, and it can make noise, or hide, or play games with the imagination.

I guess I'm a bit of a party pooper! :eyebrow:

Nemrod:
Ghosts, big foot, aliens have all gone extint since everybody now has a camera phone with movie capability. N

The invisible ones are still around. One keeps taking money from my wallet on the dresser and my wife says it isn't her.

Andy- What a trip..Ive done the PA at CCV(night solo) and the Hooker (day solo)
Did'nt feel weird,but that might be different if I knew that lives were lost in the sinking..?
The sub with sailors still inside would definitely be freaky...?!:confused:

Bob-I didnt know you were from NJ..I was born in Westfield/Plainfield area!

Drew

Divin'Hoosier:
Oh, so it's only a "real" wreck if it was sunk by a U-Boat? I know you don't believe that. Lots of great wreck diving off NJ no doubt. But there is also alot of awesome wreck diving in the Great Lakes as well. Plus it's fresh water. Much easier on your gear!

More a comment on quantity than pedigree. I do look forward to diving the Great Lakes some day.

PS - what I REALLY meant was it's not a "real" wreck if you don't have to fight 6'-8' seas for an hour to get out to it! I think there's also something to be said for requiring that a lobster or two be brought up as well in order to qualify as a wreck.

NWGratefulDiver:
Someday perhaps I'll get back to my roots (I was born in New Jersey) ... but with all the divers carrying pry bars and taking home souvenirs, how much of those wrecks are there left to see?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm a "take only pictures, leave only bubbles" kind of wreck diver myself.

Where in NJ are you from?

Nemrod:

Bolluck I say! Cell phone cameras will only proliferate stories of cryptids and the like until manufacturers find a way to make them way less blurry and grainy. Anyone hear of autofocus out there in mobile-land?:D

I think it's natural to feel a wreck is a bit eerie when it's was not intentionally sunk, specifically when there were casualties. Those sunk as dive sites don't seem to "feel" like anything.

I remember my first dive on the U853. There was definitely "something" to it, and it is a gravesite. There are still skeletal remains aboard this sub. Everyone I know who has done the U853 also confirmed it felt eerie the first time.

--Matt

It's not the ghosts you need to worry about...it's the zombies! Unstoppable killing machines they are...that's why they make pneumatic chainsaws!

Back
Top Bottom