using my own regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should add... there are 200 bar- yoke only valves, 232 bar -convertible valves, and 300 bar DIN only valves.

Some HP tanks can use the 232bar convertible valves.
So I will revise my answer to... maybe. you need to find out what tank valves the dive op is using.

No, he doesn't. There are exactly three dive ops using HP tanks on Cozumel. All three use valves that will happily accept a yoke first stage.

I just clicked the "all new posts", didn't realize this was Cozumel specific. Feel free to disregard whatever I type.

No, he doesn't. There are exactly three dive ops using HP tanks on Cozumel. All three use valves that will happily accept a yoke first stage.

This is the most precise and complete answer I have seen in this thread as it applies to Cozumel ops :)

Thank you folks. Fast and accurate replies as always. I'll be visiting the island on the 3rd and i can't wait to be back. Cheers:cheers:

There's probably no particular need to do so, but since Atomic are sold worldwide, there's almost certainly a kit that will convert it from yoke to DIN. That way, if you travel to somewhere that uses DIN valves you're good to go.

There's probably no particular need to do so, but since Atomic are sold worldwide, there's almost certainly a kit that will convert it from yoke to DIN. That way, if you travel to somewhere that uses DIN valves you're good to go.
There certainly is, but switching mine over involves a vise and a huge wrench. Not the sort of things I usually take with me on a dive trip but you might ask DandyDon if you can borrow his.

you might ask DandyDon if you can borrow his.

:) I don't think he travels with a vise any longer - he just wedges stuff between two coffee makers.

Switching from yoke to DIN or the other direction would likely be the sort of thing one would do at home before a dive trip

There certainly is, but switching mine over involves a vise and a huge wrench. Not the sort of things I usually take with me on a dive trip but you might ask DandyDon if you can borrow his.

I've got a DIN Adaptor for my Oceanic Delta Reg, and it takes a standard sized wrench (I forget exact size - maybe 3/16 - but there is one on my Diver's Multi-Tool) and about 45 seconds to switch out from Yoke to DIN or back.

I never knew this could be an issue. I have 2 HP steel tanks, a 100 and a 120, and my atomic reg is 8 years old. We'll be diving a few days with Liquid Blue this trip, so this caught my eye, thanks for the info!

Edit - I misunderstood, I guess we're talking changing to a DIN....my bad :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom