Uwatec Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everybody!
I am trying to interface my Galileo with the Smartrack software and am having some trouble. I am pretty sure my IrDa is working but the software does not seem to detect the Galileo. Has anyone else had this issue? Any helpful hints?
Thanks!
Brian

Biggest issue for all smart track ir interface issues is mcaffee antivrus. if mcaffee is active, comms will not happen. try disabling mcaffee when you want to interface.

I needed to change the time zone and the tank reserve pressure for steel instead of aluminum today, and it was a breeze! Very intuitive.

I bought a galileo sol, but can't find where to switch betwwen steel and aluminum. Can anyone guide me to how to switch between these two?

I bought a galileo sol, but can't find where to switch betwwen steel and aluminum. Can anyone guide me to how to switch between these two?

You don't switch between steel and aluminum, you change the low pressure reserve alarm. If you want. The computer doesn't care what kind of tank you have. (although you'll want to enter the size into your software when you download, so it can calculate your SAC properly)

Galileo sol's manual page 74 "do not store Galileo in a sealed container, always ensure free ventilation".

Now, it's storage box is a box with an zipper, so esentialy an sealed box.
So should I use it it's original box to store it between dives, or not? suggestions?

Galileo sol's manual page 74 "do not store Galileo in a sealed container, always ensure free ventilation".

Now, it's storage box is a box with an zipper, so esentialy an sealed box.
So should I use it it's original box to store it between dives, or not? suggestions?

They mean of a watertight kind of container, this is so that the comp can record the altitude. If it is in a sealed box it can't record changes. I assume the box is not airtight that it comes in.

Been using mine for a few weeks now in the UK - Awesome!!

With the IRda make sure your computer dongle is pointing directly (and squarely) at the IR receptor on the Galileo. I had teething problems with this but when I made sure it was pointing right at it it connected first time every time.

I'm picking mine up Monday. Wheeeee!

It also support deep stops now. Update with new firmware on producers web site (make sure you get the new smarttrak also (you'll need the new one to update the firmware on the computer).

Karl-
I think I mastered the turn on and putting it in front of the irda, thanks. The real problem, now solved, was with McAfee antivirus software that comes with AOL. The McAfee .exe needs to be disabled before the smartrack software will import info from Galileo.
Brian

As for keeping it in place on your wrist... since hook and loop seem to stick to some wetsuit materials... what about putting some self adhesive hook strips on the back to hold it in place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom