Vaccine requirement for US citizens visiting Spain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know the most current entry requirements for Spain by a US resident who has been boostered?

From what I read...the first 2 doses must be administered more than 14 days ago and no longer than 270 days...BUT, with a booster, the there is no date restrictions?

TIA,

That's right: with a booster there is no time restriction.
You may have a look here.
TY. Have you visited recently? What did you have to show, if anything?

I'm not an EU citizen? What about US citizens?

The link details on non-EU citizens when you select "Rest of the World" as Origin and "Spain" as Destination.
As an EU-Citizen i do not need to show anything if i travel to Spain.:cool:

The link details on non-EU citizens when you select "Rest of the World" as Origin and "Spain" as Destination.
As an EU-Citizen i do not need to show anything if i travel to Spain.:cool:
Thanks! So I believe with the booster, were good to go then regardless of when the booster was administered (12/03/2021).

Best,

Really? since when? I may have missed that....:eek:
The United Airlines site requires a health form to be completed and have a booster, so the site he posted is incorrect info.

The United Airlines site requires a health form to be completed and have a booster, so the site he posted is incorrect info.

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

Minors up to 12 years of age do not have to show proof of vaccination, a recovery certificate, or a negative COVID test.

Vaccines are valid from 14 days after the last dose up to 270 days. If more than 270 days (9 months) have passed since receiving the last required dose of their COVID-19 vaccine, U.S. citizens must show proof of having received a booster shot. The booster shot certificate is valid since the day it was administered.

Recovery certificates that are issued at least 11 days after the first positive COVID test, and up to a maximum of 180 days after the date of sampling, are accepted as valid. The COVID tests accepted are those authorized by the European Commission and must have been performed by healthcare professionals after October 1, 2021. Passengers with a Recovery Certificate other than an EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent must also provide documentary proof of the diagnostic test from which the Recovery Certificate is derived.

ok... i'll summarise...
- The US are not part of Schengen Agreement
- To enter Spain from the US some restriction related to Covid vaccination status applies, but @flyboy08 , with his booster, will be fine.
See [IATA], [Spanish Ministerio de Sanidad (in English)], and reference above given by @tursiops
Thanks! So I believe with the booster, were good to go then regardless of when the booster was administered (12/03/2021).
Yes, you are.
However, note that you will have to submit a health control form through the website https://www.spth.gob.es Will open in a new window. or the Spain Travel Health application. (SpTH).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom