Vaccine requirement for US citizens visiting Spain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok... i'll summarise...
- The US are not part of Schengen Agreement
- To enter Spain from the US some restriction related to Covid vaccination status applies, but @flyboy08 , with his booster, will be fine.
See [IATA], [Spanish Ministerio de Sanidad (in English)], and reference above given by @tursiops

Yes, you are.
However, note that you will have to submit a health control form through the website https://www.spth.gob.es Will open in a new window. or the Spain Travel Health application. (SpTH).
I apologize, the US is not a country that is part the Schengen Agreement but US citizens have free passage into Schengen countries, as part of the Agreement.

ok... i'll summarise...
- The US are not part of Schengen Agreement
- To enter Spain from the US some restriction related to Covid vaccination status applies, but @flyboy08 , with his booster, will be fine.
See [IATA], [Spanish Ministerio de Sanidad (in English)], and reference above given by @tursiops

Yes, you are.
However, note that you will have to submit a health control form through the website https://www.spth.gob.es Will open in a new window. or the Spain Travel Health application. (SpTH).
Thanks! Im aware of the health form. Cant complete until 72 hrs prior to travel which will be a week from this Friday! Appreciate your replies.

I apologize, the US is not a country that is part the Schengen Agreement but US citizens have free passage into Schengen countries, as part of the Agreement.
This is a complex (and changing) issue. The US and Canada are NOT part of Schengen Area but they currently enjoy some travel benefits under the Schengen Borders Code - essentially you do not need to apply for a travel visa for stays less than 90 days. This is currently set to disappeared in Nov 2023.

But this has nothing to do with covid requirements. It simply relates to travel visa.

Each country is free to implement any additional security checks seemed necessary. Covid led each country to establish their own covid related entry requirements. So the covid rules within Schengen are inconsistent.

This is a complex (and changing) issue. The US and Canada are NOT part of Schengen Area but they currently enjoy some travel benefits under the Schengen Borders Code - essentially you do not need to apply for a travel visa for stays less than 90 days. This is currently set to disappeared in Nov 2023.

But this has nothing to do with covid requirements. It simply relates to travel visa.

Each country is free to implement any additional security checks seemed necessary. Covid led each country to establish their own covid related entry requirements. So the covid rules within Schengen are inconsistent.
Everything you say is true.
Does it change anything for the OP?

...the first 2 doses must be administered more than 14 days ago and no longer than 270 days...BUT, with a booster, the there is no date restrictions?

TIA,

I went to Spain this summer via CDG, France. I went through customs at CDG with a booster beyond 270 days and was fine. I can’t directly speak to Spain, but France had this same requirement. Since I am not in a group eligible for a second booster right now, that makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom