Vap pens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vap pens became a favorite target for the customs people, something that many had and at first it wasn't well known that they were illegal even though they were then and still are openly sold here. Many a unknown traveller was detained and coerced into paying $100 to $500 bribes after being threatened......

It's one of those things.

The juice - there's no way I'd bring that in. Folks I know won't even get anywhere near that passenger ferry, well maybe by the Christmas tree :p but definetly not on the boat with leaf or even juice. Who knows what them dogs can smell, one bit me over a pack of cigarettes. Everything is so easily obtainable anywhere that it's not worth the risk.

The folks vaping and buying small amouts of mota aren't the party problem people, it's the harder drugs that come along with it that's more the problem.

I ve crossed many boarders and yes, even Mexico without issue.Im not ,packing kilos :)...this post was questioning VAP PENS. Which are illegal in Mexico, yet attainable everywhere

No need to preach the virtues of pot.
If they are available in Mexico, why risk bringing any with you? If you get busted at a border crossing, how much you are carrying is irrelevant.

If they are available in Mexico, why risk bringing any with you? If you get busted at a border crossing, how much you are carrying is irrelevant.
Wasn't sure they were....now I know, and so does anyone with concern.

You guys have no sense of adventure :) ...and no hands on experience I guess either? Lets pass on the preaching and see if anyone has actual experience. Everyone knows the chances one would take.
I'm one of the last people who follows rules because they are rules, and I think laws around these substances are absurd, regardless of not using these substances myself.

However, I do recognize the idea of force, power, and risk. Staring at a cement wall, unable to go anywhere doesn't sound like much of an adventure to me. But there are probably some people out there who find the idea of spending some time in a Mexican prison as a sort of adventure, and a different experience.

But I'm not going to debate someone who wants to do something that puts themselves at risk; you do you.

Anyone RECENLTY arrive thru Cancun with a THC VAP pen? I realize they are illegal in Mexico, but so is alot of other things are too.....

asking for a friend ;-)
I just came back from Isla Mujeres. Traveled with vape pen and gummies. mix the gummies in with those cheap sugar coated spice soft candies, no worries. I just keep the vape pen in my pocket and go right through security.

Same for our trip to Colombia this summer. Same for Pakistan. Same for Malaysia. Same for multiple trips to Coz. Had the Navy sniffer dogs go past me and my luggage twice at the PdC ferry terminal, no problems.

Dogs aren't trained to sniff out vapes or gummies. Just don't try to bring flower or home-made edibles that reek of cannabis.

The flower you can buy on Coz isn't horrible but it's not like our high-end material or what I grow at home.

That's right, a pretty good chance of being arrested. Between arrest and conviction are posting bond/collateral, legal fees for appearance(s) at preliminary hearing and/or trial, travel for court appearance(s), etc. Thousands of dollars and lots of stress.

I sympathize with the discussion of chemo patients, but my sympathy does not really change the analysis.

By the way, seems like there has been an officer with a dog walking around in the Cozumel airport each time we have visited recently, and they did come up and sniff us and our belongings (family of 4, not especially Narco looking :) ).
I think these days dogs are looking for meat and fruit. Or the occasional smuggled animals.

I just came back from Isla Mujeres. Traveled with vape pen and gummies. mix the gummies in with those cheap sugar coated spice soft candies, no worries. I just keep the vape pen in my pocket and go right through security.

Same for our trip to Colombia this summer. Same for Pakistan. Same for Malaysia. Same for multiple trips to Coz. Had the Navy sniffer dogs go past me and my luggage twice at the PdC ferry terminal, no problems.

Dogs aren't trained to sniff out vapes or gummies. Just don't try to bring flower or home-made edibles that reek of cannabis.

The flower you can buy on Coz isn't horrible but it's not like our high-end material or what I grow at home.
Suit yourself, but that's the same talk I have heard from people who feel OK about driving drunk. "I've done it hundreds of times and nothing bad has ever happened."

I used to be one of them until 2AM one night in 1996.

Suit yourself, but that's the same talk I have heard from people who feel OK about driving drunk. "I've done it hundreds of times and nothing bad has ever happened."

I used to be one of them until 2AM one night in 1996.

No one dies carrying a vape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom