Venice Again Sat 11-22 8:30am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my cell

863 860 5189

I have to go stick my head in a hole in the ground this weekend.
Hope you guys have fun and find lots of teeth.
Fred

8buck and I had planned on going to wreck off Clearwater Beach but he called today and the guy told him he couldn't promise anything. So Plan B was to go back to Venice so I guess we'll see you all around "8"ish.

8buck has promised to take me to his honey hole where he got that MEG last week........

Wildbill:cop:

CBulla and I are dusting off the old spearguns, and going to try to nab some fish. I don't think we should try, however, at alhambra :D.

Have fun!!

I had a great time diving and meeting everyone the food was great. Was a little worried about the buzzards flying overhead eyeballing there brother bird in the cooker.. that 20 pound turkey was a good choice...

8buck and I were off schedule (dive) from everyone else so I did not get to meet everyone by name, we had a good crowd there. To everyone that didn't show the only thing you missed was the fried turkey......It was great but the viz was terrible.

I finally found a nice spot with lots of teeth about 50 mins into our second dive and 8buck and I started getting chilled, the water was colder than Ginnie..... about 68-70 degrees.

But had fun and thats what we all go there for.

8buck....... the "TURKEY" Buzzards worried me also, I've never seen so many at one time.

See Ya' next dive,
Wildbill:cop:

Gee guys were we having fun or what? Yes now my new last name is Clampet like the Beverly Hillbillies. I was afraid we were going to get pulled over for living out of our van! With turkey fryer and 2 propane tanks strapped to the back of our van who knew what we were up to!

It was GREAT to get to know all of you a little better. Thanks for helping Julie get her son to the hospital. You are awesome.

The best part was the awesome necklaces we all went home with. Thank you Walter! I don't know who would remain on the island longer you or Jim but you both were pretty popular!

Hope to get together again soon!

Gee what can we do next?

I must agree the vis was much better last weekend. Know I know what good vis is in Venice!

Well.. spearing didnt occur.. appearently Beach access in Collier County is limited to only those who own water front, everyone else has to go down to the county access point and parking lot.

We did find the ledgendary artificial reef off of Gasparilla island near the light house, but it was a short dive followed by a long swim. It was one of those "Dive by Brail" days. :)

Sounds like ya'll had fun!! Hope your vis was better than ours.

hi

I am down from Kinston Ontario for some diving ,( Just came back from Keys)with some friends...we will be in Siesta Key Tues and Wed.
and of course need to get in the water...can someone give me directions to the venice beach y'all go to and maybe any suggestions of any other dives in area?...we have never done any diving on this side before....
Thanks Anne
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom