Venice Beach July 28th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkramer:
We had a nice 2 tank dive today & even the old bugger with the bad eyesight, managed to find a few toofers. It was a pleasure diving with ya'll. Anybody up for Red Rocks next week? Or Venice?:D
I WUV IT WHEN YOU CALL ME NAMES OLD BUGGER . WILL IT EVER STOP BETWEEN YOU AND I

My buddy and I made it out there reaaaaal early Saturday. We were actually the first divers in the water. :) I'm hooked on going to Venice. It was a real treat. The water was clam, with very very minimal waves. The water temp was about 83. Viz as said, was 8-15ft depending on the area you were in. This was our first shore/salt dive. We saw something that looked like an aquarium algea eater(one of those suction cup fish), but it had six legs, and two wing-like fins on each side. We saw a ton of scavenger(guess?) white fish, with yellow tails. It was pretty neat swimming near the bottom with a bunch of those fish swimming along with you keeping pace. hehe

I met a diver named Judy. I can't remember her husband's name. They helped us out big time as our LDS didn't sell us a reel with the dive flag. They were nice enough to lend us some rope for our dive flag. If you read this, thanks!!

Unfortunately we did not find any shark teeth. Any tips you more experienced hunters could provide? Are they usually buried? Underneath those big drifting algea/seaweed pathces?

When we got out of the water, we counted about 15 dive flags(wow!). Most were farther out than we were, and more to the North.

Since we only live an hour from there, we'll certainly be making our way back up there. Unfortunately due to the timing of job schedules, our dives will have to be 7am dives.

Grats to all those who went home with shark teeth. :)

Shouden:
My buddy and I made it out there reaaaaal early Saturday. We were actually the first divers in the water. :) I'm hooked on going to Venice. It was a real treat. The water was clam, with very very minimal waves. The water temp was about 83. Viz as said, was 8-15ft depending on the area you were in. This was our first shore/salt dive. We saw something that looked like an aquarium algea eater(one of those suction cup fish), but it had six legs, and two wing-like fins on each side. We saw a ton of scavenger(guess?) white fish, with yellow tails. It was pretty neat swimming near the bottom with a bunch of those fish swimming along with you keeping pace. hehe

I met a diver named Judy. I can't remember her husband's name. They helped us out big time as our LDS didn't sell us a reel with the dive flag. They were nice enough to lend us some rope for our dive flag. If you read this, thanks!!

Unfortunately we did not find any shark teeth. Any tips you more experienced hunters could provide? Are they usually buried? Underneath those big drifting algea/seaweed pathces?

When we got out of the water, we counted about 15 dive flags(wow!). Most were farther out than we were, and more to the North.

Since we only live an hour from there, we'll certainly be making our way back up there. Unfortunately due to the timing of job schedules, our dives will have to be 7am dives.

Grats to all those who went home with shark teeth. :)
just let me know whe you want to dive and I will dive with you weekends only

naturewalker36:
I WUV IT WHEN YOU CALL ME NAMES OLD BUGGER . WILL IT EVER STOP BETWEEN YOU AND I

Aw.........I didn't mean you, I was talking about me:D

Hey Shouden, I hope you will show up for the Labor Day Saturday toof dive!!

mikerault:
I believe it was a Flying Gurnard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_gurnard

Mike
lol That's the fish! Thanks for pointing me to the link. Now I can come away from this dive learning one of the fish I spotted. :)

Debby, I'm now part of the "I'd rather dive than eat" group, so I'm in for a Labor day tooth dive. lol (=

reeldreams, you got it. I'll send you a PM next time we will head out that way for an early Saturday/Sunday dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom