Venice Beach July 28th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeldreams:
get you finding some teeth:D

We gotta get you to find some first:rofl3:

(I'm sorry..............I couldn't resist:D )

Reeldreams, I'll PM ya with the numbers to the shrimp boat. The purpose of the scouting was to find shore/kayak diving spots w/ good beach access. Not all of us own a powerboat and can go anywhere to dive, so we have to hunt for convienent shore & yak dive spots. This is not that easy in the Sarasota/Seista Key/Longboat Key area, since a lot of the beaches are posted as "Private , No Trespassing" with no beach access which is illegal BTW, but here in florida if you have enough money you can own anything <climbing down off my soapbox>.

Shouden:
lol That's the fish! Thanks for pointing me to the link. Now I can come away from this dive learning one of the fish I spotted. :)

Debby, I'm now part of the "I'd rather dive than eat" group, so I'm in for a Labor day tooth dive. lol (=

reeldreams, you got it. I'll send you a PM next time we will head out that way for an early Saturday/Sunday dive.

I saw many of those flying things, too. They look funny with their little legs. I saw a large seahorse and D pointed out some eel/snake thing I haven't figured out yet. There's a lot more to see out there than I thought.

You should definitely get with reeldreams for a dive. His luck for other people is the reason I found my little meg. :wink: Don't worry R - with all the luck you've brought to other people you're bound to find the big one soon. :D

reeldreams:
I find small ones just not the megs

I know Reeldreams. I'm sorry, I was just kidding. Actually, people who dive with Reeldreams have unbelievable luck when it comes to finding teeth.:D

I looked in my fish book to try & find out what that snake like thing was that we saw. I know I don't have the best eyesight, but it did look like it had a snout like head on it rather than a snake like head & I wonder if it could have been a Pipe Fish? :confused:

FL_DVLover:
I saw many of those flying things, too. They look funny with their little legs. I saw a large seahorse and D pointed out some eel/snake thing I haven't figured out yet. There's a lot more to see out there than I thought.

You should definitely get with reeldreams for a dive. His luck for other people is the reason I found my little meg. :wink: Don't worry R - with all the luck you've brought to other people you're bound to find the big one soon. :D
DONT LET ROBERT FOOL YA. HE HAS FOUND SOME DECENT LITTLE MEGS. I HAVE DOVE WITH HIM ALOT. AND THAT WAS MY FIRST TIME GETTING MY TINY MEG

I've seen them there too.
I believe they're called Snake Pipefish.
google it.

dkramer:
I know Reeldreams. I'm sorry, I was just kidding. Actually, people who dive with Reeldreams have unbelievable luck when it comes to finding teeth.:D

I looked in my fish book to try & find out what that snake like thing was that we saw. I know I don't have the best eyesight, but it did look like it had a snout like head on it rather than a snake like head & I wonder if it could have been a Pipe Fish? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom