Versa Pro, Pros And Cons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fugu, Suggest you call Oceanic tech line listed in the owner's manual. I had a problem with an older DataPlus and they were very helpful. Alternatively, try a new battery. This is the culprit on most dive computer problems, regardless of brand, regardless of the what the computer itself says about the state of the battery. It takes a 2450 by the way.

I love the display and the intuitive and logical controls. I do not like the way alarms are set up (or maybe I just can't figure out how to control them individually but I spent a lot of time studying the manual to no avail). My dive partner has the same computer and has the same problem of alarms regularly going off and not being able to tell what they are for. I only want one for ascent rate and air remaining. So, we had to turn all alarms off to have a peaceful dive. But other than that (which may well be just a configuration error) it is great. The battery seems to last a very long time.

I have the non air integrated wrist mounted version. I love it and it works great. I have never dove it in gauge mode though and use it strictly as a NITROX computer. I would recommend it to anyone. I have beat the living hell out of it as well and it still works fine. Maybe a little rough love will take care of that gauge mode problem you are having :wink: . I only have good things to say about this computer so give it a shot if you'd like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom