Water entering nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Detroit Diver... Every non-porous hood that I own gets the hot nail treatment. The two small holes don't let much water in, but they let all the bubbles out. Heat a Framing nail and put one at the top and one at the back of the head.

NetDoc once bubbled...
Hey Detroit Diver... Every non-porous hood that I own gets the hot nail treatment. The two small holes don't let much water in, but they let all the bubbles out. Heat a Framing nail and put one at the top and one at the back of the head.

Thanks NetDoc. I've seen that mentioned before (maybe it was you). Just never got around to doing it!

Ya think a railroad spike would be too large????:)

My wife had this exact problem and it showed up during the snorkling part of our training. There is always a little water in the mask, so when she tried to snorkle, she would also suck some water into her nose.

Walter had her do this excersize and it worked.

Take your snorkle, not your mask, to the shallow end of the pool. Bend over and breath through your snorkle. If you have problems, think of drinking through a straw. Keep practicing until you can breath through the snorkle without problems. Then work with your mask on.

Walter may have some more excersizes to use, but this works very well.

Keep on trying.

And Detroit Diver, make sure you take the hood OFF before putting a nail through it. :) Important safety tip.

AzAtty once bubbled...
And Detroit Diver, make sure you take the hood OFF before putting a nail through it. :) Important safety tip.

LOL! :D

Ya think? I love the tips one can receive from this board!

Also, they sell hoods with holes already in them....wow!!!

fill up your kitchen sink with cold water and put your snorkel in your mouth. No mask on the face, just a snorkel. Pinch the nose shut and stick your face in the water, keep the eyes closed if you want, push your face into that sink and breath through that snorkel. Now let go of the nose to exhale through it only. Each time you need to inhale pinch the nose off again. The mask clear is to prepare you for that what if scenario. So...what if you swallow a little water? If it bothers you pinch off the nose on the inhale. Or if you keep your head down facing the ocean floor then you may be able to keep that water from running through your nose and down the throat. The one thing you don't want is to have your head way back facing upward with no mask on. Water will drip right into your sinuses. Yuk Hal@Hollywoodivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom