Wear a cap after diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a beanie on most dives even in warm water. In cool water, its a hooded vest. Never thought of head gear OUT of the water, even though I know most heat is lost through the head. I'll have to keep that in mind.

O-ring once bubbled...

Man, I really hope you aren't talking about one of these: http://www.squidwear.com/caps_squid.html#

Hey man, I don't know about what everyone else is wearing, but I wear a regular black ballcap with Van Halen logo.

I'll look into those things when I'm ready to start wearing black socks and sandals :wink:

Scott

I tend to wear a NASCAR hat in between, before, and after almost all my dives....I've contemplated diving with my hat and posing for pictures, but in the nice warm waters in OH, I almost always have my hood on. Maybe the next time I go on a trip someplace warm I'll be sportin the u/w NASCAR apparal....

Hey, has HALCYON teamed up with NASCAR to get a good looking rig together yet...you know one with lots of stickers and colors

ScottyK once bubbled...

Hey man, I don't know about what everyone else is wearing, but I wear a regular black ballcap with Van Halen logo.

I'll look into those things when I'm ready to start wearing black socks and sandals :wink:

Scott

Dude, if you are wearing a Van Halen hat then you almost are wearing black socks and sandals......you just don't know it yet.

I always wear a hat before & after diving...particularly here in the Keys...to keep the sunburn off....

Granted, VH is hardly cutting edge anymore, but did you look at O-rings link :wink:

I'm only in my thirties. Hopefully, I've got 30+ more ahead of me before I start pulling my pants up over my belly button :D

All these hats an noone mentions the pinical of head warmers, as seen on every Canadain street.

The wool toque, completel with fuzzy ball!

JimC once bubbled...
All these hats an noone mentions the pinical of head warmers, as seen on every Canadain street.

The wool toque, complete with fuzzy ball!

Gotta love the toque, eh!

I wear a squid cap (for those who haven't looked, it's a black neoprene baseball styled cap with a coloured brim and dive logo) for diving when south and after diving up north. I've had several compliments on it as being a cool hat.

I usually take a hooded sweatshirt too on boat dives as well as a windbreaker.

Diverlady

I don't know about my wife. She goes nuts over how I look when I'm in my wet (or dry) suit and I yank off my hood and my hair goes crazy.
Hey, whatever works...
No hat for me!
Trust me, I'm soon warm. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom