Wear a cap after diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wearing hats since I got out of the Army. Luckily, at 41, I still have all my hair and it seems to be getting thicker.

I sleep with the windows open year round even when it's below 0. My wife uses an electric blanket on her side of the bed. I like when the condensation freezes on my moustache.

I generally dive without a wetsuit, only a dive skin, until the water hits 65.

Tried a 2mm in Oahu this last June. Thought I was going to have heat stroke.

Usually wear running shorts at home. Just started wearing a T-shirt last week.

I guess my internal furnace has always been stuck on high.

For those of us who have, shall we say, 'a few deserters in the rear ranks', (thin/bald spot) :D , a hat isn't just a good idea, it's an absolute necessity. Getting into a nice hot shower with a sunburned noggin is a good way to test the sound-proofing of you walls, as is running a brush/comb over said affected area.

First time I did that, I sounded like Axel's opening scream in 'Welcome to the Jungle". :wacko:

PhotoTJ:
For those of us who have, shall we say, 'a few deserters in the rear ranks', (thin/bald spot) :D , a hat isn't just a good idea, it's an absolute necessity. Getting into a nice hot shower with a sunburned noggin is a good way to test the sound-proofing of you walls, as is running a brush/comb over said affected area.
:wacko:

I hear ya. I don't worry about the heat loss, I worry about the sun burn on my pretty-much-bare scalp. Combing a sunburned head is torture.

I always have my trusty faded, salt-stained, Nike baseball cap in my dive bag.

Wow... way to dust off a 4 year old thread!

Personally, I bring a hat to wear on the dive boat any time the air or water temperature is below 45f. Somehow, I haven't noticed feeling cold in 80 degree water... even after spending hours in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom