Weirdest things you´ve seen scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a real mermaid. We were finishing up a dive, were at about 40 ft. I looked up and thought at first it was an eagle ray. Then I realized that what I was seeing was a mermaid -- a woman with long flowing hair, and the body of a fish. I thought I was narced. She came down, blew me a kiss, and then returned to the surface.

I didn't realize mermaids were surface breathers but I guess since they are marine mammals it makes sense! Tee hee.

Explosive mortar made of wood. I believe it is an artifact from the civil war era? Found in Sebago lake Me. It is the only one in the world.! uploadfromtaptalk1396568260168.jpg

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

So many mental images, but here's the most recent thing that came across my puter...

Downside? No place to mount GoProbe Camera

I'm thinking this must have been an April Fools joke, n'est-ce pas?

I had a squid once that, if I'm correct, tried a couple of times to plant an egg sack on my forehead. That was pretty memorable.

R..

The weirdest thing was when I was in Hawaii and I was taking a picture of a freediver who was taking a picture of me.

I've been aching for more than a week now to post this video, which I immediately thought of when I read the thread title.

[video=youtube;ZTzA_xesrL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8[/video]

(PS: sorry. No, I'm not... :D )

watching the stargazer resolutely re-bury itself reminds me of trying to get a teenager out of bed :)

---------- Post added March 31st, 2014 at 10:20 PM ----------

posted from drysuits are standard land: I was diving a little quarry with friend's young adult kid who has been a diver 1/2 his life. It was a really nice summer day and the kid had a 7mm wetsuit. A few minutes into the dive I look over and he's upside down, bobbing along nicely balanced in midwater and clearly completely happy with pthe situation. He did it repeatedly and for minutes at a time troughtout the dive. Afterwards he told me he hadn't used a wetsuit since open water trainging and it was just so free and easy and fun he couldn't help himself. :)

forget trying to get a teenager out of bed --- i've got just as hard of time trying to get myself out of bed to go to work.... never to seem to have that problem when i want to go diving early in the morning though...

the mask/snorkel combo picture reminded me of a Snork from the 80's for some odd reason...
they might end up bringing back that cartoon as well.. seem to be be bringing back so many 80's cartoons now.

This fish seemed to be a bit confused. It seemed to think my hubby's fin was the rest of the school:idk:

More divers behaving badly. Yes I took the video which means that neither of these divers it ME. Not my hubby either so comments about trim please:doh:

I found this chicken egg with pencil markings on it.

11518745894_3014ac76f0_z.jpg

It was at Long Beach, Simon's Town in Cape Town, South Africa. It's a shallow, sheltered site, popular for training dives. So a guess is that someone might've intentionally taken it down for photography/ lighting practice (experimenting with strobe angles or similar) and left it there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom