Welland Scuba Park Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How were the dives? Is it worth driving from Guelph area?

I enjoyed them, viz was what I expected, and it's great having such easy access to the water. The canal is MUCH bigger than I expected, so you could actually do some decent navigating.

Seems like you could dive here if conditions on the Niagara River or Chippewa Creek were not good, so I will keep it on my list of places to get wet.

I'd bring my goodie bag again too, to pick up garbage.

Ok. I was unable to find your lens cap dude...sorry...once we got started the viz went right out the window...

Saturday was canal cleanup day, I did two dives there and cleaned up the swing bridge area as best we could. Viz was ok, water was at about 54, but I was on a mission. Got 1 dell destop, one vacuum, and a plethora of other stuff wellandscubacleanup.jpg

50 # lift bag in front of me. Did not get past swing bridge as it was the most polluted, and there were OW classes going on at scuba park

Sweet! You have, in front of you, the makings of your own army of robotic cleaners :D. Good job on the clean up. I do find it disturbing that people would walk up to a bridge and just thrown a non-functioning vacuum over. We do not deserve this planet.

Ok. I was unable to find your lens cap dude...sorry...once we got started the viz went right out the window...

Saturday was canal cleanup day, I did two dives there and cleaned up the swing bridge area as best we could. Viz was ok, water was at about 54, but I was on a mission. Got 1 dell destop, one vacuum, and a plethora of other stuffView attachment 138780

50 # lift bag in front of me. Did not get past swing bridge as it was the most polluted, and there were OW classes going on at scuba park

we could have pulled a kids stroller and other things...but at least its something to see under....unlike beer bottles and trash

We did awesome at handling the lift bag :)

I'll keep it in mind next time I'm there, you just never know.

And if anyone finds an EVO backup light up at Cedar Hill, Wiarton, in about 20 ft of water, let me know.

I'll keep it in mind next time I'm there, you just never know.

And if anyone finds an EVO backup light up at Cedar Hill, Wiarton, in about 20 ft of water, let me know.

Was just there this weekend......where did it get lost? Because there was a large group at the tables we wound up suiting up closer to the boat ramp.

Was just there this weekend......where did it get lost? Because there was a large group at the tables we wound up suiting up closer to the boat ramp.

I wasn't far from the 20 ft dive flag tie in, doing drills at safety stop depth for about three minutes towards the boat ramp, then three minutes back.

I wasn't far from the 20 ft dive flag tie in, doing drills at safety stop depth for about three minutes towards the boat ramp, then three minutes back.

Were you part of the group at the tables on Saturday? Next time I am there I will look out for it. Is it black?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom